Expanded Army List Profiles:: Exemplary Units On, Legacy Units On

+ Allegiance: +

I: Dark Angels

Allegiance: Loyalist

+ HQ: +

Marduk Sedras [220Pts]: Warlord

+ Elites: +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [210Pts]
. Contemptor Dreadnought: Gravis Lascannon, Gravis Power Fist  with in-built ranged weapon, Heavy Flamer, Helical Targeting Array

Dreadwing Interemptor Squad [205Pts]: Artificer Armour, Interemptor Praefectus, 4x Interemptors, Legion Vexilla, Plasma Incinerator
. Rhino Transport: Heavy Bolter, Legion Rhino Transport

Inner Circle Knights Cenobium [280Pts]: Dreadwing, Reaper of Hosts
. Order Cenobites: Terranic Greatsword
. Order Preceptor: Grenade Harness, Terranic Greatsword

+ Troops: +

Tactical Squad [110Pts]: Bolt Pistol, 9x Bolt Pistol, Bolter, 9x Bolter, Dreadwing, Legion Tactical Sergeant, 9x Legionaries, Nuncio-Vox

Tactical Squad [110Pts]: Bolt Pistol, 9x Bolt Pistol, Bolter, 9x Bolter, Dreadwing, Legion Tactical Sergeant, 9x Legionaries, Nuncio-Vox

+ Heavy Support: +

Land Raider Proteus Carrier Squadron [220Pts]
. Land Raider Proteus Carrier: Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

Leviathan Dreadnought Talon [310Pts]
. Leviathan: 2x Heavy Flamers, Leviathan Storm Cannon, Leviathan Storm Cannon, Phosphex Discharger

Scorpius Squadon [225Pts]: Dreadwing, Scorpius, Scorpius

++ Total: [2,000Pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

What are peoples thoughts on this? I'm thinking sit back and bombard for a turn or two then move forward with the knights and interemptors. 

I'd start with Sedras out of the raider to give as many units preferred enemy. 

Any holes in the list?

Looks like a fun list overall. 

I think to get best use of this RoW, you need to be aggressive and move up whilst the enemy are stuck in their deployment zone by the Difficult Terrain and Eskaton Markers, to that end I think buying a Dozer Blade on the Rhino is a worthwhile points investment, changing your chances from 1/6 of stranding it, to 1/36.

Don’t forget, as Marduk is your Warlord, you can take the Inner Circle Knights as a retinue choice for him, allowing him access to their dedicated transport (the proteus land raider) from the get go (Marduk cannot leave retinue, retinue must start in transport as they’ve bought one). I would say to swap 2 of the Terranic Greatswords in the unit out for Thunder Hammers, the upgrade is free and they’ll help out a lot when coming into contact with vehicles and dreads.

Marduk conferring Preferred Enemy to nearby units is very strong, by starting him in the land raider you maximise that area possible (as you mentioned). Contemptor Dreads are very strong as is, so I would say that would be the priority unit to ensure it gains PE. If you need points to give the dozer blade to the rhino (and potentially add some more rhinos in for the Tacs) it may be worth dropping the Levi and adding in another Contemptor.

Thanks for the reply Onyx. 

I have considered adding a couple of TH into the cenobium. Just to counter dreads I think. They will be his retinue too. Just can't select it on BS! 

Now your take on Marduks rule us interesting. I read it as if he is in the transport then it is the transport that gets the preferred enemy rule. I presume then nothing else gets it. You reference the 6 inch bubble coming off the transport widening it somewhat. Looking at it it's not clear which is correct as it's open to interpretation!  Classic GW

I will look at the dozer blades. Its a solid recommendation. What's your feeling on the difference between a levi and contempt? I love the levi I have and not had chance to use it yet. 

I have considered dropping a tac for a assault destroyer unit to make it more fluffy. 

Apologies for slow reply, been out of the country for the past week!

I’ve seen you ask the Marduk bubble question on the Rules section so I’ll leave that as is, my local area has played it as from the transport.

IMO I think that Levi’s, whilst strong, aren’t as points efficient as their Contemptor brothers. With the Heavy sub-type, they are unable to run to advance quickly and cost almost 100 points more - for which you could buy and fully upgrade a Contemptor and still have points to spare.

Destroyers look to be fun, I want to experiment with Assault Destroyers too (all with Volkite obviously), I think the play with them would be to Deep Strike into the Enemy Deployment (if using Eskaton RoW), to avoid the penalties to jump packs and difficult terrain, and harass the enemy back line units

Thats a fair point with the Levi. I've changed the list to remove it. I'll post the list next. 

I've taken the dozer off the rhinos now due to the ROW as the rhinos will have the dreadwing subtype and ignore dangerous terrain tests. 

I've really struggled to work out the troop selection as the destryers etc are troops but don't get line. I've left the destroyers out and gone with an assault squad and 2 tacs. 

I may well make alterations again before sat. 

Edit.  BTW volkite destroyers would be sick. Would you give them rad missiles? I'd worry about the intercept reaction though. 

++ Crusade Force Organisation Chart (LA -   I: Dark Angels) [2,000Pts] ++

+ Expanded Army Lists +

Expanded Army List Profiles:: Exemplary Units On, Legacy Units On

+ Allegiance: +

I: Dark Angels

Allegiance: Loyalist

+ HQ: +

Marduk Sedras [220Pts]: Warlord

+ Elites: +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [415Pts]: Dreadwing
. Contemptor Dreadnought: Gravis Lascannon, Gravis Power Fist  with in-built ranged weapon, Heavy Flamer, Helical Targeting Array
. Contemptor Dreadnought: Gravis Chainfist  with in-built ranged weapon, Gravis Melta Cannon, Meltagun

Dreadwing Interemptor Squad [210Pts]: Artificer Armour, Interemptor Praefectus, 4x Interemptors, Legion Vexilla, Plasma Incinerator
. Rhino Transport: Heavy Bolter, Legion Rhino Transport, Searchlights

Inner Circle Knights Cenobium [280Pts]: Augurs of Weakness, Dreadwing
. Order Cenobites: Thunder Hammer
. Order Cenobites: Thunder Hammer
. Order Preceptor: Grenade Harness, Terranic Greatsword

+ Troops: +

Assault Squad [170Pts]: 9x Bolt Pistol, 9x Chainsword, Dreadwing, 9x Legionaries
. Legion Assault Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Chainsword, Pair of Lightning Claws

Tactical Squad [135Pts]: Bolt Pistol, 9x Bolt Pistol, Bolter, 9x Bolter, Dreadwing, 9x Legionaries
. Rhino Transport: Legion Rhino Transport

Tactical Squad [120Pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, 9x Bolt Pistol, Bolter, 9x Bolter, Dreadwing, 9x Legionaries, Nuncio-Vox

+ Fast Attack: +

Javelin Squadron [105Pts]: Bolt Pistol, Ironwing
. Javelin Land Speeder: 2x Lascannons, Multi-Melta

+ Heavy Support: +

Land Raider Phobos Squadron [225Pts]
. Land Raider Phobos : Hull (Front) Mounted twin-linked Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers

Scorpius Squadon [120Pts]: Dreadwing, Scorpius

++ Total: [2,000Pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Edited by Dwango
Additional content