Warriors - gauss flayers or reapers?

Kastor Krieg

I'll second Tyrik's recommendation. There's a place for both (though personally I prefer Flayers because I have an ungodly number of warriors built with them)--Reapers make better VoD targets because you can dump 40 shots at Str5 AP-2 and your opponent won't have much they can do about it, but Flayers have some good range on them (and I tend to the opinion of 'better to get some shots in than no shots at all). Two units of 20 Reapers and 20 Flayers will do your friend quite nicely I think.

I prefer Reapers over Flayers- while you may lose out on shots at range, the AP of the reapers means that you have at least a chance of pushing through wounds with AoC out there. I tend to Advance my Warriors almost always though, so reapers just synergize well with my fast-moving, aggressive playstyle. 

I am starting my 5th Necron army since they were first introduced….. and I’ve done one batch of warriors and really I’m contemplating giving the second squad reapers as well. 

in the past I’ve always done one of each but I gotta be honest that armour of contempt, at the number of T5 infantry in the game now has me seriously thinking reapers. 

Edited by Prot