Hi there - long time hobbyist/new member

Bouargh

Long time lurker, first time poster. More hobbyist (compulsive accumulation based on my wife´s statement) than player.

It´s the BCK's Vehicle Build Challenge that helped my to make up my decision for joining B&C: I need to be challenged in order to close hobby projects on-going for too many time. Not that I hope contesting for the prize as many contributors are of top quality over here. But who knows, with a little chance and some hard work....

But let´s go back in time a little bit.

I started in the hobby in 1990 with WFRP then went to W40k rogue trader. Well, RT era was already on its end when I bought my firstsets (the metal (lead alloy at the time) ones for SW grey hunters, blood claws and long fangs) . I was more of WFB at the time (Empire and Orks).

While moderating (almost by accident) the WFB subforums in the 40kOnline Portal in 2006-2007, I slowly but surely shifted to more 40k and less Fantasy . I finally gave up WFB when Age of Sigmar went out. May be I will resume if Warhammer - the Old World call me back (if released one day)?

All that time I kept on with SW, although I did not throw a single handful of dices for the past 6 years: a lot of profesional challenges with many time abroad + growth of the familly welcoming a kid and finally a more long term relocation in both new job and new country with all the hobby´s stuff in movers´crates... 

Lock-out gave me a lot of time to spend - so I finally opened up these movers´ crates. And spent almost the past 2 years painting all the 40k gathered stuff over the past 30 years, plus all I bought for second hand during the Covid Crisis (HH kits, scenery and some Imperial Guard auxilliaries). Call it addiction. I ended up with something that may represent 15k points of SW or more. But I never made the count.

Yet I need a real  boost not to lose the momentum / end up stuff left on the desk for weeks / go and move to the next challenge. Make your choice. I hope taking the benefit of the emulation from the B&C community!

Hope to share soon in the galleries and Forums.

BR, Bouargh

Edited by Bouargh
tipo

Welcome, Bourak - I too was a 40K Online moderator back in the day, for the Rules and Imperial Guard forums, though that would have been after 2007.  Don't remember it ever having any Warhammer Fantasy stuff - so we may be thinking of different places.

Killersquid is another old 40KOer who has migrated here, and has a beautiful Space Wolves army - you should check it out if you visit that subforum.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

15 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

I too was a 40K Online moderator back in the day, for the Rules and Imperial Guard forums, though that would have been after 2007.  Don't remember it ever having any Warhammer Fantasy stuff - so we may be thinking of different places.

To be strictly correct I was on EldarOnline which was a prequel of 40kOnline before the evolution/merging of both and restructuration of the forums. For a while they were working in parallel. Then the refocus on 40k axed down all that was not strictly 40k related. But I was already away when it happend.

Kinda over simplification from my side. My 2 cents.:blush:

20 hours ago, Jolemai said:

Welcome to the B&C; looking forward to seeing what you come up with for that event :thumbsup:

Thanx - My pledge is a Kit Bashed Malcador defender. Do not hesitate to follow in the the proper BCK thread (or in the Gallery if I manage to feed it properly)!

On 9/13/2022 at 3:18 AM, Cyrox said:

Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing the vehicle for the challenge, and maybe some of your Space Wolves too 

I will try to upload some pics in the gallery soon. But do not expect any kind of high quality painting - more table top quality and with tuned low lights.

Let say that if my purpose would be to impress any one, I would count more on homogeneous paint scheme and mass effect rather than on any artistic gift of mine (as I do not have any)... It is hard to face the truth some times :confused: ...  I will keep you posted.

2 hours ago, Bouargh said:

To be strictly correct I was on EldarOnline which was a prequel of 40kOnline before the evolution/merging of both and restructuration of the forums. For a while they were working in parallel. Then the refocus on 40k axed down all that was not strictly 40k related. But I was already away when it happend.

Kinda over simplification from my side. My 2 cents.:blush:

Ah, I was there only after all that happened, so it doesn't sound like we there at the same time.