2K Dark Angels All Rounder List

furiousp

I'm playing in friendly tournament in a few months and I've been playing around with this list. Only list construction rule is no unique characters. Plan is to be pretty generalist and make the most of wing buffs.

Praetor (Dreadwing) - Terranic Greatsword, Volkite Charger

- Deathwing Companions (Deathwing) - 5x Terranic Greatswords, 2x Cytheron Pattern Aegis

Centurion  (Dreadwing) - Paladin of Hekatonystika

Apothecarion Detachment (Deathwing) - 2x Apothecary

Contemptor Dreadnought (Dreadwing) - Gravis Melta Cannon, Meltagun

Dreadwing Interemptors (Dreadwing) - Artificer Armour, Rhino w/Dozer

Breacher Squad (Stormwing) - 10x Breachers, Artificer Armour, 2x Graviton Guns

Despoiler Squad (Deathwing) - 10x Despoilers, Artificer Armour, 3x Power Swords, Vexilla

Reconnaissance Squad (Firewing) - 5x Recon, 5x Nemesis Bolters

Tactical Squad (Stormwing) - 12x Tacticals, 11x Chain Bayonets, Artificer Armour, 1x Chainsword

Predator Squadron (Ironwing) - 3x Predators, 3x Lascannon Sponsons

Plan:

• Put the Centurion and one Apoc with the Despoilers and the other Apoc with the Praetor/Deathwing Companions and run them up the board/run interference vs enemy cc units. Flexible wings depending on what they're doing that turn (either Dreadwing for damage reduction or Deathwing for +1 to swords)
  • Contemptor goes vehicle/dreadnought hunting.
  • Interemptors suicide run up the board and try to take out their points worth in infantry. 
  • Breachers hold mid/backfield objectives
  • Recon snipe consuls and apocs
  • Tacticals go hard for mid board obj with some capacity to fight back
  • Predators can multi-role against elite units (Autocannons and Lascanons instant death) and armour whilst being large enough to make return fire threatening.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 9:15 AM, furiousp said:

Put the Centurion and one Apoc with the Despoilers and the other Apoc with the Praetor/Deathwing Companions and run them up the board/run interference vs enemy cc units. Flexible wings depending on what they're doing that turn (either Dreadwing for damage reduction or Deathwing for +1 to swords)

I like the idea, but I think you can get more out having a Librarian with Telepathy than a Paladin. Shutting down reactions like Withdraw, Overwatch, or legion-specific "I charge/shoot you when you get close" is very valuable when you don't have a lot of redundancy with close combat units. 

On 9/24/2022 at 2:17 PM, jaxom said:

I like the idea, but I think you can get more out having a Librarian with Telepathy than a Paladin. Shutting down reactions like Withdraw, Overwatch, or legion-specific "I charge/shoot you when you get close" is very valuable when you don't have a lot of redundancy with close combat units. 

I would second this. I've played a few games with a libby. Telepathy won me the last game. I shut down then pinned a IF tac squad with a praetor for the whole game. Allowed me to dispatch the rest of the force and grab VPs. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2022 at 9:15 AM, furiousp said:

I'm playing in friendly tournament in a few months and I've been playing around with this list. Only list construction rule is no unique characters. Plan is to be pretty generalist and make the most of wing buffs.

Praetor (Dreadwing) - Terranic Greatsword, Volkite Charger

- Deathwing Companions (Deathwing) - 5x Terranic Greatswords, 2x Cytheron Pattern Aegis

Centurion  (Dreadwing) - Paladin of Hekatonystika

Apothecarion Detachment (Deathwing) - 2x Apothecary

Contemptor Dreadnought (Dreadwing) - Gravis Melta Cannon, Meltagun

Dreadwing Interemptors (Dreadwing) - Artificer Armour, Rhino w/Dozer

Breacher Squad (Stormwing) - 10x Breachers, Artificer Armour, 2x Graviton Guns

Despoiler Squad (Deathwing) - 10x Despoilers, Artificer Armour, 3x Power Swords, Vexilla

Reconnaissance Squad (Firewing) - 5x Recon, 5x Nemesis Bolters

Tactical Squad (Stormwing) - 12x Tacticals, 11x Chain Bayonets, Artificer Armour, 1x Chainsword

Predator Squadron (Ironwing) - 3x Predators, 3x Lascannon Sponsons

Plan:

• Put the Centurion and one Apoc with the Despoilers and the other Apoc with the Praetor/Deathwing Companions and run them up the board/run interference vs enemy cc units. Flexible wings depending on what they're doing that turn (either Dreadwing for damage reduction or Deathwing for +1 to swords)
  • Contemptor goes vehicle/dreadnought hunting.
  • Interemptors suicide run up the board and try to take out their points worth in infantry. 
  • Breachers hold mid/backfield objectives
  • Recon snipe consuls and apocs
  • Tacticals go hard for mid board obj with some capacity to fight back
  • Predators can multi-role against elite units (Autocannons and Lascanons instant death) and armour whilst being large enough to make return fire threatening.

How did this work out for you?

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that you have to run mixed units in order to be successful.  Having the ability to switch between wings is critical.  So if you have a a Centurion join a unit, the unit can only use the rules for 1 Wing at a time and all of them benefit.  So if your disadvantage is that the unit is tougher because of a character, then you can get +1 to Wound.  If you are going to shoot, then take the +1 to hit with the bolter.  If more hits are needed, then use Death Wing for +1 to hit with your sword.

If you make the Apothecary Fire Wing, put them in with the Despoiler Squad and add in your Paladin, you've got a squad that can choose one of the abilities: +1 to hit with swords, +1 to wound units that have an independent character, or Volkite/Plasma/Melta/Flammers are -1S when attacking your unit.

• 7 months later...
On 12/4/2022 at 3:40 AM, Dwango said:

This is how I get around the specific DA RoW. Despoilers have to be stormwing. Put in a deathwing apothecary to get them +1 to hit. Just need to remember to declare which one is being used. 

I don't think that's legal. Fairly certain apothecaries and techmarines must have the same Hexagramaton choice as the units they attach to.