(10) Cataphractii Terminators [LINE]
6x Combi-Plasma, 2x Thunder Hammers, 1x Chainfists
5x Power Weapons, Headsman's Axe
[470]

6x Combi-Plasma, 2x Thunder Hammers, 1x Chainfists
5x Power Weapons, Headsman's Axe
[470]

(8) Tartaros Terminator Squad (Sev & Libby)
2x Thunder Hammer, 1x Chainfist, Headsman's Axe
[410]

[DT] Spartan
Flare Shield, Hull Lascannon
[425]

(5) Recon Squad
4x Nemesis Bolters, Augury Scanner
[135]

(5) Recon Squad
[135]

Fast Attack:
(2) Javelins
Las, MM
[210]

Heavy:
Leviathan
CML & Drill, Phosphex
Drop Pod
[405]

[3000]

Just trying to repurpose some models and re-use stuff from my TA list to get a different option.

Rundown:

• Javs are dedicated anti-tank
  • Recon Squads are Line, cause Pinning, can take enemy Augury Scanners out of play, and are area denial with their own Augury Scanners (plus ignoring NF)
  • Leviathan also does anti-tank, though part of me wants to swap to the Claw just for those Brutal attacks in CC for when it does engage
  • Double 10 man Catas Deep Strike in and use PE(E) to light stuff up with Plasma. Haven't settled on the Power Weapon options - not sure what would really be most useful. They are Line, which is also useful. I worry about the Interceptor reaction, so it is really gonna be important to nullify those units down before I drop in.
  • Spartan rushes up and with AV15 it shouldn't struggle to survive and dumps out Sev's squad into assault. The Libby can help pin a unit and they can run down units which I think is useful vs the 4++

I tried to spread out the Hammers for Brutal and a Chainfist for at least one dude to chew up armor. Not sure if one is adequate. Not sure how particularly effective this list will be, but I don't really need much to flesh it out from my existing collection which would be nice for variety - because TA will get old.

Thoughts?

On 9/14/2022 at 11:43 AM, oldhat said:

• Double 10 man Catas Deep Strike in and use PE(E) to light stuff up with Plasma. Haven't settled on the Power Weapon options - not sure what would really be most useful. They are Line, which is also useful. I worry about the Interceptor reaction, so it is really gonna be important to nullify those units down before I drop in.

Thoughts?

Don't forget you can charge out of Deep Strike Reserve, now. The old school focus on shooting only is unnecessary, despite our collective cognitive dissonance.

12 hours ago, TheNineteenth said:

Don't forget you can charge out of Deep Strike Reserve, now. The old school focus on shooting only is unnecessary, despite our collective cognitive dissonance.

...WHAT?! How the hell did I miss that!

Wow. You're absolutely right. That's a revelation. 

I'll have to really rethink the weapons, since Rapid Fire would disable my ability to assault. 

Maybe a pair of Plasma Blasters? Or maybe swap entirely over to CC options? That's enough points to get me quite a few Fists or a few Hammers.

Thankfully they get PE the whole turn they arrive so it will benefit the CC too. Just got to hope and pray the DS isn't disordered. 

9 hours ago, oldhat said:

...WHAT?! How the hell did I miss that!

Wow. You're absolutely right. That's a revelation. 

I'll have to really rethink the weapons, since Rapid Fire would disable my ability to assault. 

Maybe a pair of Plasma Blasters? Or maybe swap entirely over to CC options? That's enough points to get me quite a few Fists or a few Hammers.

Thankfully they get PE the whole turn they arrive so it will benefit the CC too. Just got to hope and pray the DS isn't disordered. 

I get your weapon re-think. I have 35 Tartaros with combi-weapons and 1-every-5 Plasma Blasters I need to sort; I've pondered running them as Atramentar and just bought a Sevvy model, but haven't quite figured out what to do with them (since my PotL collection with 3x missile tanks and these Tartaros is now illegal).

Revised:

HQ:
Sevatar
[220]

Tartaros Librarian
Telepathy
[120]

Vigilator
[95]

Troops:
2x Thunder Hammers & Combi-Bolter
2x Chainfists & Combi-Bolter
2x Plasma Blaster & Power Axe
2x Power Fists  & Combi-Bolter
1x Power Axe & Combi-Bolter
Sergeant w/ Thunder Hammer & Combi-Bolter
[440]

2x Thunder Hammers & Combi-Bolter
2x Chainfists & Combi-Bolter
2x Plasma Blaster & Power Axe
2x Power Fists  & Combi-Bolter
1x Power Axe & Combi-Bolter
Sergeant w/ Thunder Hammer & Combi-Bolter
[440]

(10) Tartaros Terminator Squad (Sev & Libby)
8x Twin Lightning Claws
1x Power Swords & Combi-Bolters
Sergeant w/ Thunder Hammer & Combi-Bolter, Grenade Harness
[375]

[DT] Spartan
Flare Shield, Hull Lascannon
[425]

(5) Recon Squad
[135]

(5) Recon Squad
[135]

Fast Attack:
(2) Javelins
Las, MM
[210]

Heavy:
Leviathan
CML & Drill, Phosphex
Drop Pod
[405]

[3000]

Similar build/concept, but I think its getting more optimized. Vigilator & Recons snipe/pin. Spartan dumps the (now) Twin LC Tartaros squad with Sev and the Libby into the enemy - opting now for big MEQ units, while the Catas go after TEQ. The Tartaros squad has harness for full initiative, plus a TH just in case. Sev will take on most challenges. Libby can pin. Javs and Levi unchanged - antitank focused. The Catas are now kitted for assaulting the turn they drop - but they still have some plasma goodness. Less shots overall, but assault weapons, so serving the overall strategy better. One thing I am considering is if the Tartaros should be one of the Line units, just because they will be hunting squishier targets usually and have the Spartan. Small detail, but something to consider.

Thoughts?