A new idea

Plague _Lord

Been absent from the forums for some time now... real life was very tough for me lately so haven't been posting much.

I have an idea of a new concept for a list that might actually have some play into the competitve format.

The Idea: utilise Nurgle Daemon's strengths to help Deathguard win.

The strategy: MSU type build with hard hitting terminators and more importantly OBSEC on the whole army. Nurgle Daemons give 2 options to take away obsec from enemy units and thus even small Deathguard units can stop the enemy from scoring primary.

The list:

DG vanguard (plague company doesn't really matter):

Typhus or Daemon Prince

2x10 poxwalkers

3x5 blightlords

2x4 deathshroud

2x1 spawn

Chaos Daemons Patrol:

Exalted GuO with corruption, -1 dmg exalted trait and virulent touch WL trait, Warlord, -1T spell, take away obsec spell, bileblade, blade of corruption

Sloppity bilepiper

10xplaguebearers

So both the GuO and the Bilepiper have ways to take away obsec from enemies and all units in the army bar charachters have obsec. The strat is probably dependant on a strong turn 2 - can you deal enough damage to hold the obejctives you take and just score thanks to being obsec untill the end of the game or not? You have decent secondary play - spread the sickness, fleeing vectors and psycic ritual are all solid and daemons even help with vectors thanks to their native -1 LD. The fun part is you can potentially have 1 poxwalker or terminator be on an objective and steal points away from allmost any enemy unit. The problem with the army is of course killing power but for that you have deathshroud and the deep striking GuO - hope they do damage and work as distractions while you other units are just stealing primary points from the enemy. I think this list could also work with 3x10 plague marines instead of the blightlords and possibly more poxwalkers aswell.

P.S - Do the plaguebearers in this list also gain obsec?

What do you think? 

21 minutes ago, Furnace Lord said:

Pardon my noobness, how do you give obsec to everyone, I am still unfamiliar with all our toys?

Poxwalkers, Blightlord Terminators, Deathshroud Terminators and Plaguebearers all have obsec from their codexes. Terminators got it in an update, it's not in the printed book.

4 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

Souped daemon character can't buy extra WLT via stratagem. If you made it the real warlord of your whole army instead, then you will lose access to DG WLTs and relics.

As you can see in the list above, I have not taken any DG WLTs or Relics.

• 2 weeks later...

So Plague Lord, have you given it a try?

For my 2 cents, I'd drop the Deathshroud down to 3 and use the 100 points on a unit of 20 poxwalkers, which would allow you to really flood the board with Obsec and take a Battalion Detachment and save some CP (although you'd have to change your warlord to the DG Character).  

I like what you are doing with the GUO, but his model is Huge.  Coming in via manifestation might be challenging given his base size.  Can you squeeze in a Plague Tree to better control how he can manifest?     

Not sure if the current Tournament Pack changed it, but the DG Codex notes that your warlord needs to be DG to use the DG Secondaries.