(Nasty?) 3,000pts EC Pride of the Legion

Brother Kraskor

+HQ+

Lucius (185) No Laer Blade, Sonic Shrieker

Phoenix Retinue (415) 10 men, Banner, Sonic Lances

Tartaros Librarian (145) Force sword, Phoenix rapier, Sonic Shrieker, Grenade harness

Tartaros Librarian (145) Force sword, Phoenix rapier, Sonic Shrieker, Grenade harness

+Elite+

Contemptor Talon (360) 2 dreads, 2 melta cannon

Rapier Battery (130) 2 Laser Destroyers

Rapier Battery (130) 2 Laser Destroyers

+Troops+

Tartaros Terminator Squad (290) 10 men, vexilla, 1x Phoenix spear, 9x Power axe, grenade harness

Tartaros Terminator Squad (290) 10 men, vexilla, 1x Phoenix spear, 9x Power axe, grenade harness

Tactical Squad (160) 15 men, Phoenix spear

Tactical Squad (160) 15 men, Phoenix spear

+Heavy Support+

Leviathan Talon (590) 2 dreads, 2 Siege claws, 2 Siege drills, 2 Phosphex dischargers

3000pts

Very simple list. Three big Line bricks of Terminators march up the field supported by four nasty dreads. Tacticals and Rapiers hold the backfield. The Tartaros lean heavily on striking ahead of the enemy AP2 provided they get their charge off, and the Biomancers buff them to S6 so they wound on 2s against most enemies with their axes. The Phoenix Guard rely on Lucius to overkill while they essentially perform a holding action (though any kills they manage are a bonus). They also have a cheeky few templates to chuck about.

Four Laser Destroyers should provide me some early anti-tank. If (when) they get killed, there are four Dreads up to the task. 

Edited by Brother Kraskor

• 2 weeks later...

I like it. Personally, I'd swap the phoenix rapiers on the Librarians with combi-meltas, if possible. I think it would be worthwhile to find the points for a few powerfists or chainfists among the power axes so you've got some ID potential without having to rely on the Sergeant's phoenix spear's murderous strike. The biomancer buff would then turn 2-3 of those into a serious threat against dreadnoughts and vehicles.