Paints pertaining to GK

INKS

I was wondering what paints everyone is using the colors, sprays, etc. Airbrush is fine, I don't Airbrush though, so I would just take the brush color to do it.

I am hoping that the mostly simple looking color scheme is easy on me since I have hand tremors.

I use a double coat of Leadbelcher as the base, then a shade of Druchii Purple and a drybrush/edge highlight of Stormhost silver. Using the leadbelcher spray and then a single thin coat of leadbelcher to normalise the effect and make for easier touch up would work too, but I find the metallic sprays too fragile for Norfolk's weather.

Black templar contrast I find works better than nuln oil on them for picking out the ridged insides of the joints, but that's personal opinion.

My dudes:

1 hour ago, Cleon said:

I use a double coat of Leadbelcher as the base, then a shade of Druchii Purple and a drybrush/edge highlight of Stormhost silver. Using the leadbelcher spray and then a single thin coat of leadbelcher to normalise the effect and make for easier touch up would work too, but I find the metallic sprays too fragile for Norfolk's weather.

Black templar contrast I find works better than nuln oil on them for picking out the ridged insides of the joints, but that's personal opinion.

My dudes:

ok, so spray on leadbelcher, brush on leadbelcher, shade with druchii purple then drybrush with stormhost silver. for the joints you use nuln oil?

silver looks awesome. what other colors do you use?

My method is Prime Leadbelcher spray

Joints- Corvus Black

White- Celestra Grey

Gold- Retributor Armor

Red- Mephiston Red

black- Abadddon black

Scrolls- Typhon Ash 

Browns- mournfang brown

Gold, red, browns, scrolls washed agrax

armor, joints, black, and white nuln oil

highlights,

White- Ulthuan Grey, White scar

Red- Evil Sunz Scarlet, Wild Rider Red

Gold,-Auric Armor, Stormhost silver

scrolls- white scar

browns- Skrag brown

White robes- Andrea Paints White cloth set

5 hours ago, INKS said:

ok, so spray on leadbelcher, brush on leadbelcher, shade with druchii purple then drybrush with stormhost silver. for the joints you use nuln oil?

silver looks awesome. what other colors do you use?

For the joints I use Black templar contrast- for most of my other marines I do the joints in iron warrior and then nuln oil, but as the grey knights are already metallic I use the contrast for a stronger effect so I don't need to do a base darker metal.

The white is Celestra grey->two coats of Ulthan grey,

Red is Khorne red for the trim, mephston red for the shoulder heraldry

Gold is two coats of redemptor gold with agrax earthshade

Parchment and purity seals is rakarth flesh over vallejo flat brown

The blades I basecoat Leadbelcher, then do the middle third Iron hands, the top third Grey knights steel, edge the blade front with stormhost and then cover the whole thing in aethermatic blue contrast

I think that's about it.

I went actual grey with mine. I thought it would make them look more interesting, but just ended up looking boring like normal grey knights lol

I think if I ever muster up the courage to repaint them, I'll go purple or something more unusual. 

Going unusual helps an army pop if you are not good with a brush like myself :teehee:

Definitely purple armour plates. Or something else striking. I did a purple squad many many years ago when GK were first revamped in new pewter. My painting was much poorer then, but the squad really popped. I'll see if I have any pics if them. Purple and gold I think they were. 

I did manage to find a picture. Terrible picture and terrible painting lol. But an army of that would really pop! 

Now I have no idea how to link images anymore. But its just in my grey knights folder with my current army. 

Edited by WAR
Added photo for you

31 minutes ago, Captain Coolpants said:

Now I have no idea how to link images anymore. But its just in my grey knights folder with my current army. 

Click on you user name in corner, go to profile, below achievement tab you should have about you and albums. Select albums, then select specific album, and then copy address of photo. Then paste into thread.