Slaanesh army

Daimhin

Looking at trying something new and making a combined Slaanesh force. 

I dont play any Chaos forces at the minute so hoping someone can sense check this for me, both in terms of being a legitimate army and in terms of functionality on the table!

+++ Slaanesh (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [101 PL, 1CP, 2,000pts] +++

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment -3CP (Chaos - Chaos Knights) [26 PL, , 500pts] ++

+ Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]Shared Faction Bonus [3CP]

+ Lord of War [26 PL, 500pts] +

Knight Despoiler [26 PL, 500pts]: Daemonbreath meltagun [5pts], Daemonbreath thermal cannon [50pts], Iconoclast Dreadblade, Reaper chainsword, Ruinspear rocket pod [40pts], Slaanesh - Subjugator Machine Spirit [2 PL, 30pts], Worthy Offerings

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [47 PL, 4CP, 945pts] ++

Legion: Emperor's Children

+ HQ [6 PL, -2CP, 125pts] +

Chaos Lord [6 PL, -2CP, 125pts]: 3. Unbound Arrogance, Bolt pistol, Mantle of Traitors, Mark of Slaanesh [1 PL, 15pts], Stratagem: Relic [-1CP], Stratagem: Warlord Trait [-1CP], Thunder hammer [20pts], Warlord

+ Troops [19 PL, 410pts] +

Legionaries [7 PL, 140pts]: Chaos Icon [5pts], Mark of Slaanesh [1 PL, 15pts]

. Aspiring Champion [28pts]: Bolt pistol, Daemon blade [10pts]

. 3x Marine w/ astartes chainsword [54pts]: 3x Astartes chainsword, 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Frag & Krak grenades

. Marine w/ balefire tome [38pts]: Balefire tome [20pts], Prescience

Noise Marines [6 PL, 135pts]: Icon of Slaanesh [5pts]

. 4x Marine w/ sonic blaster [104pts]: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Sonic blaster [20pts]

. Noise Champion [26pts]: Bolt pistol, Sonic blaster [5pts]

Noise Marines [6 PL, 135pts]: Icon of Slaanesh [5pts]

. 4x Marine w/ sonic blaster [104pts]: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Sonic blaster [20pts]

. Noise Champion [26pts]: Bolt pistol, Sonic blaster [5pts]

+ Fast Attack [7 PL, 140pts] +

Warp Talons [7 PL, 140pts]: Warp Talon Champion [28pts]

. 4x Warp Talon [112pts]: 4x Warp claws

+ Heavy Support [15 PL, 270pts] +

Obliterators [15 PL, 270pts]

. 3x Obliterator [15 PL, 270pts]: 3x Crushing fists, 3x Fleshmetal guns

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Chaos - Daemons) [28 PL, -3CP, 555pts] ++

Chaos Allegiance: Slaanesh

+ HQ [16 PL, -1CP, 315pts] +

Keeper of Secrets [16 PL, -1CP, 315pts]: Diaphonous Panoply [2 PL, 35pts], Exquisite Gifts [-1CP], Ritual knife, Soulstealer

+ Troops [12 PL, 240pts] +

Daemonettes [6 PL, 120pts]: Daemonic icon, Instrument of Chaos

. 9x Daemonette: 9x Piercing claws

Daemonettes [6 PL, 120pts]: Daemonic icon, Instrument of Chaos

. 9x Daemonette: 9x Piercing claws

Edited by Daimhin

Interesting list - looks like its going to be a bit starved for CP, though.  I take it you are using the current warzone rules where you have to pay for your first relic and warlord trait?

In terms of legality, it a looks like you are trying to use the Agents of Chaos to keep your Legion rules - unfortunately, you have taken too many demons to be able to do that - you can only take 25% or less in CP (even if balancing forces based on points, not CP) of your force as demons to benefit from Agents of Chaos (which would be 25 CP or less).

I'm a Slanneshi player, but have limited playtime under the new codexes - 2 games as Chaos Knights, 1 as Marines and 0 as demons, but from my limited experience:

1.  The Mark of Slannesh upgrades are generally not worth the points.

2.  I'm not a fan of Sonic blasters - they just don't seem to do enough to be worth the points.  Blastmaster, on the other hand, is great.

3.  The Legionaires look like they are intended as a close combat squad - if you have the points, consider taking an icon (its cheap), the big chainaxe and a fist on champion (as EC ignore the biggest drawback of a fist)