HH 2.0 FAQs Up

There's some good stuff in there, it solves a few rules debates, but it still leaves a lot of them open. Unfortunately, the lack of bulky and antigrav getting blocked by models is looking more like intentional than not. Hilariously, they don't comment on the independent characters and infiltrate difference in the core rules....

I'm glad that primarchs can now (almost) all use their legions advanced reaction, but now there's pretty much no downside to fearless. It was an actual interesting downside, and limited power units stacking stuff like evade on top of their existing defensive stats. Now we got dodging dreads and primarchs, with thousand sons still getting hosed lol. EDIT: fearless stuff still can't gain benefit from shroud, so my balance complaint was actually addressed. But it also strips corax of his built in 4+ shroud...

The vox disruptor thing looks to be changed purely for Black Reaving (where it was mandatory and caused counter-synergy) and the Damocles, but ya, it's rather extremely good at ruining mass deepstrike/any outflank for your opponent.

The extent of changes is the stuff that should have been addressed right off the bat, within the first week or so. Three months is mediocre, especially when they miss the core rule publication discrepancy.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

It seems Indomitus Termies also gained the ability to lose Support Squad and gain Line when in a Pride of the Legion RoW Army.

So while it might not be what people want, it does fix the scoring issue POTL has

8 minutes ago, Slips said:

It seems Indomitus Termies also gained the ability to lose Support Squad and gain Line when in a Pride of the Legion RoW Army.

So while it might not be what people want, it does fix the scoring issue POTL has

Imo there were no scoring issues with pride unless you pigeonholed yourself. Even keeping to only terminators let's you have 5 scoring terminator units.

It now just makes them a valid choice in pride instead of...worse than the core terminator units.

4 minutes ago, Stitch5000 said:

What's the difference there?

In the boxset rules, ICs can functionally never join units with infiltrate, as theyre always considered being infiltrators. The other editions have a clause that they can be deployed normally and "turn off" being infiltrators, allowing an IC to join.

Funnily enough, this was a faq change in 1st, but was lost in 2018 when they had a new form (the anuj created one) and was never re-added like the implacable advance on recons and such.

5 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

In the boxset rules, ICs can functionally never join units with infiltrate, as theyre always considered being infiltrators. The other editions have a clause that they can be deployed normally and "turn off" being infiltrators, allowing an IC to join.

Funnily enough, this was a faq change in 1st, but was lost in 2018 when they had a new form (the anuj created one) and was never re-added like the implacable advance on recons and such.

I'm with you... I've got both versions of the book, and comparing them I can see where you are. I think due to the wording of "cannot join a unit of Infiltrators" being  a loose term (HH v1 style wording)... I would understand a "unit of Infiltrators" to be a unit using the Infiltrate special rule, not with the special rule. 

14 minutes ago, Stitch5000 said:

I'm with you... I've got both versions of the book, and comparing them I can see where you are. I think due to the wording of "cannot join a unit of Infiltrators" being  a loose term (HH v1 style wording)... I would understand a "unit of Infiltrators" to be a unit using the Infiltrate special rule, not with the special rule. 

That was the argument back then too, but the last paragraph of Infiltrate refers to a unit with the rule in reserve as "infiltrators"; hence most people agreeing that the status was always on, and the faq in both editions fixing it.

Vox disruptor issue resolution and clarification for flyer intercept is great!

Black Reaving list is a go go…even if the aggressor squads are horribly overpriced.

Also, being able to advance or withdraw into a transport is kind of wild. Some new tactical implications there.

3 minutes ago, depthcharge12 said:

Vox disruptor issue resolution and clarification for flyer intercept is great!

Black Reaving list is a go go…even if the aggressor squads are horribly overpriced.

Where is the flyer intercept? I'm not seeing it after searching each one.

2 hours ago, Marshal Mittens said:

These changes seem significant:

Screenshot_20220921-190703_Samsung Notes.jpg

Yeah, having to decide your Reaction before knowing how much damage you're taking is more logical but isn't going to be as useful. It does fix the wound allocation/damage mitigation timing problem caused by choosing after saves at least.

It doesn't just make you choose before they make the hit roll, it makes you attack before they make the hit roll lol. There's no clauses in there about resolving after the active unit, because it was written to always take place after, so RAW you shoot before the active player and cull their unit. 

Obviously not the intent, but man is that a bad mistake.