Help against Melee Heavy Wolves at 1000pts

tedlambb

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all doing well! I've just got back into the game in the last few months after a 15 year break, and thoroughly enjoying 9th and starting again with my first love of the Necrons!

I was hoping some of the more experienced players might be able to assist me with some help against my friends Space Wolves. I've got a game next week, and so far we've both won a game and lost one.

As you'd expect against a wolves list, I tend to have a great turn 1 and 2, then turn 3 onwards turns into a metallic blood bath for me :facepalm:

My list so far includes

HQ

Overlord - res orb, warsythe, VoD

Elites

C'Tan - Nightbringer

Troops

20 Warriors with Reapers

Fast Attack

5x scarabs

3x Wraiths (claws)

Heavy Support

LHD w/Gauss

I wasn't planning on using a C'Tan in such a small game, but my buddy is fine with it and I love the model. It did very well last week, taking out Ragnar, a wulfen dread and two units of blood claws. I would happily drop it for any units you might recommend.

My Heavy Destroyer was the MVP though, sniping his Chaplain warlord as soon as he dropped in from reserve and putting the hurt on his dread before the C'tan finished it off.

(Ive got models for a Royal warden, a Hexmark and another base of scarabs.)

My friends list includes:

Ragnar

Wulfen dread

1 jumppack chaplain (warlord)

5 wulfen

3 x5 man blood claws

10x jump pack wolf guard with a mix of shields, hammers and lighting claws.

Not sure if Im forgetting anything but I think that's the majority of it.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions for synergies and tips with anything I can put together from the codex, although I like to play to as much of the Necron strengths as possible. Im thinking that Board Control is my main advantage with screening the backfield to stop so much of his deep strike, but I just don't seem to have anything that can dish out enough hurt on turn 3 as its already tied up in melee. I love the warrior blob, but as soon as its tagged in combat, if I use the conquering tyrant protocol to fall back and shoot, I get pushed off objectives and then the units deleted in the next round of combat. Maybe some healthy ranged units I can use to clear his small blood claw units off of objectives?

I've only got a week until the next game, so would be able to grab a few extra models, but will have to be from my local GW if I'm going to get them painted in time (I usually eBay for my warriors etc as they're so much cheaper).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

IMG_2626.thumb.jpeg.1f38dea8da2de3125937d64e9d3265c8.jpegIMG_2624.thumb.jpeg.d7d2b0962318dd5695ea74310ddbefe7.jpeg