Home brew chapter

ArielRSA

Hi everyone. I’m working on a homebrew ultramarines successor chapter. I’m just trying to finalize the name. Which do you think is better

The Emperor’s Zealots

or

Zealots of the Emperor.

They call themselves the Kanai from Kanai Lemelech HaMalachim which is very bad Hebrew for zealots to the emperor since I’ve subbed in king of kings for emperor since the Hebrew word for emperor sounds like Kaiser, which just sounds weird to me

AE94810A-FABB-45E1-9823-D82B725D6177.jpeg

93EE9439-1370-4428-AB0C-C322391618FD.jpeg

Edited by ArielRSA

Not sure if I like ‘Zealots’, going through a few synonyms try Firebrands.  The Emperor’s Firebrands or Firebrands of the Emperor.  A touch more fitting in the setting I think.  Then you can tie in a motto or battlecry using King of Kings into them.  

Great Paint scheme.

5 hours ago, CCE1981 said:

Not sure if I like ‘Zealots’, going through a few synonyms try Firebrands.  The Emperor’s Firebrands or Firebrands of the Emperor.  A touch more fitting in the setting I think.  Then you can tie in a motto or battlecry using King of Kings into them.  

Great Paint scheme.

Thanks! Will give it a think

What sort of character would you like their theme to lean upon? Quasi-religious feelings or the more clinically Ultramarine Imperial Truth types?

Following the theme you've already established, maybe sub the word Zealot (which is direct and specific) for something more indirect and poetic, to take the hard edge off any analogy to fervent crusaders?

So the Ardent Companions, could be a way of implying a fanatical follower of the Emperor but has enough wiggle room to be the thinking Marine's zealot?

Anyway, that's a nice colour scheme! For the 500 Worlds!

What's your plans on their galaxy location and other fluff tie ins to the Great Primarch?

Thanks for the feedback!

5 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

What sort of character would you like their theme to lean upon? Quasi-religious feelings or the more clinically Ultramarine Imperial Truth types?

Quasi-religious commitment to the codex as a document that's sustained the chapter and Space Marines writ large for 10,000 years

Following the theme you've already established, maybe sub the word Zealot (which is direct and specific) for something more indirect and poetic, to take the hard edge off any analogy to fervent crusaders?

So the Ardent Companions, could be a way of implying a fanatical follower of the Emperor but has enough wiggle room to be the thinking Marine's zealot?

There's not a lot of synonyms for Zealot that really work but sidestep seems to be what you and CCE1981 suggest. I could make this work by doing what the Space Wolves do where there's what they and the people on their planet call themselves and what there name is in Imperial Gothic. Something like Ardent Stars as Gamliel suggests and the Kanai to themselves and the locals. Need to workshop it.

What's your plans on their galaxy location and other fluff tie ins to the Great Primarch?

Haven't gotten this far yet besides Imperium Nihilus and two camps where there's a majority that are super stoked about it and a small minority who don't believe it since no one's actually seen him in person 

The Emperor's Zealots fits very well as a chapter name in the 40Kverse. and it flows better of the tongue than The Zealots of the Emperor.

Very fine work on your models there Brother:yes: Very clean and simple as a zealot should be. The SoD with the Agemo at the center works quite nicely for the Chapter heraldry too.

Great job:thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

So what's next for your painting desk? Now you've shown us your models we want more!

Especially as you've chosen a difficult scheme to pull off but managed it superbly. 

A techmarine! I wanted a break from the white and while I was originally going to do the next squad of heavy intercessors the thought of painting another 5 gravis models put me into a fugue state (they'll still be next though)

I do keep track of most of my painting here as well:

https://imgur.com/user/ArielRSA

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Primaris company champion/blade guard veteran. Realized I didn’t want to edge highlight 5 heavy intercessors so did this instead. Tried to push myself. Going for a different colour scheme for first company. 

0FFEEAFB-B828-4C08-A637-A7F942ED67A0.jpeg

BE27C56E-6A60-4E24-A0A6-351287D95D59.jpeg

4418E910-AD85-497D-B71B-FA12429426B1.jpeg

5795BFEC-01AA-4E52-A338-8E6E6BF97623.jpeg

B53CFD4E-8B3F-4BDA-84BC-BC8EC7B3E802.jpeg

Edited by ArielRSA

• 3 months later...

Bit of an update. If decided to go with The Emperor’s Zealots who are an ultramarines successor. Homeworld is called Yavneh and is Imperium Nihilus side. Haven’t decided yet if it’s to be abandoned and the chapter and planets population relocated. The chapter is codex compliant. Founding records are lost but it’s known to be between the 4th and 8th founding

Yavneh is located in a sector with several other worlds, defended by themselves, a salamanders successor (name TBD and ultimata founding from the Custodes fleet torchbearer fleet that brought primaris) and a knight household. Guard and PDF are present as well. No local forge world in sector but there is one some distance away so equipment resupply is intermittent but possible. Contact with most imperial organs and Imperium Sanctus is extremely limited.

The recordings of Guilliman and any official documents signed by him provided by the Custodes are treated as chapter relics. 

The chapter symbol is a navy blue Star of David with a navy blue Agemo in the center of the star. Chapter colors are white with gold accents on the shoulder pads were present. Company color is represented on the Aquila/winged skull or similar devices. So third company would have red Aquilas and skulls, second would have gold ones etc. Weapon casings are blue

The exception to this is the first company (the Sikarim) who wear black armor with white trim/Aquila etc except for the left shoulder pad which remains white with gold trim.

On that note I’m looking for advice on my iron halos. Do you think they’d look better as gold or white? Gold would be like on the mini currently and white would be done NMM like the champion posted above. Thanks!

IMG_3322.jpeg

Edited by ArielRSA

• 2 weeks later...