2k Nightlords TA

Grim_Messor

Slowly getting back into the hobby and starting to build up a Nightlords army after about 10 years out. To keep me motivated to paint working towards 2k then expanding further. Thinking about the following list to start and relearn the game. After a bit of feedback and advice.

HQ

Praetor, Jump pack, Paragon blade, Bloody Murder. 175pts

Elites

Contemptor, Melta & Melta fist. 195pts

Contemptor, Helical Targeting array, 2 plasma cannons, Prey sight. 220pts

Apothecary, Jump pack.60pts

Troops

Night Raptor Squad, 5 lightning claw, 5 bolt pistol & chain sword, artificer Armour. 370pts

Recon Squad, 5 Nemesis Bolters, Nunico Vox, Augury Scanner. 155pts
Recon Squad, 5 Nemesis Bolters, Nunico Vox, Augury Scanner. 155pts
Terror Squad, 7 Volkite, 3 Rotor Cannons, Artificer Armour. 244pts
Terror Squad, 7 Volkite, 3 Rotor Cannons, Artificer Armour. 244pts

Heavy Support

Predator, Lascannon sponsons, grav cannon, prey sight. 180pts

Long term aiming to build up to 3k, Cruze and a vigilant or will be in, squads expanded and the Praetor dropped. 

Hi Grim Messor,

I'm in a similar position as you w.r.t. just returning to the hobby after about 10 years, also aiming for about 2k first using by converting 40k models rather then expanding further.

First up the list looks very thematic and will let you use some really iconic units to good effect!  I've got a couple of thoughts (keep in mind I've not played yet!):

• From reading the rules I've really liked the look of Seeker Squads - especially in NL/RG style lists.  As such I would be tempted to swap the Contemptor w/ Plasma for a full Seeker squad.  
  • I also think it'll be worth your while sticking 2 power weapons in each Terror squad (one on Sarg and one 'hidden') as from playing with Grey Hunters in 40k (6th ed), the hidden power weapon was quite useful when required.  
  • Also due to the additional benefits of pinning a squad with NL, consider the Combi-Grenade Launcher on the Sarg of each Recon squad for an optimistic Frag shot.  

Hope this helps / prompts some discussion

Slick Samos