Points update and Errata for Leagues of Votann

Cyrox

37 minutes ago, ValourousHeart said:

Agreed.  I liked the landfortress because it looked cool.  And I'll be getting one no matter how much the internet complains.

Same.I just won't be getting three out of the gate for my initial 2k list. My wallet thanks me.

37 minutes ago, ValourousHeart said:

Agreed.  I liked the landfortress because it looked cool.  And I'll be getting one no matter how much the internet complains.

Edited by Lemondish

22 hours ago, Lemondish said:

Same.I just won't be getting three out of the gate for my initial 2k list. My wallet thanks me.

I didn't get the launch box... I had limited birthday funds and was planning to get a photo/autograph with a celeb coming to Dallas, but found out they canceled yesterday.  So I missed out on both!  :cuss:

My plan for 2023 is to pick up around 1000 points of Votann because that is the size game we play most often in my LGS.  I have 6 armies in my pile of shame, and marines should really counts as more than 1 of those, so my intention is to keep the Votann collection small until I get at least the votann painted.

I’m actually really annoyed at this, I liked the idea of the land fortress and that weapon combo (as well as many other army wide things), I decided to pick up an S graded army to help me develop my Guard tactics and play (training play against myself) but I’m not sure now if they really are going to be a training aid for the guard if they drop from the top bracket. I would have gone for another S grade army - the reason I leaned towards the squats was because of the models, their shooting strengths and the feelings I have for their history when I collected some of them back in their day. I don’t want to own other S grades armies for training purposes because I don’t like them (excluding nids but my guard can win against them, I liked the squats (but I like many other factions too and maybe I should have just committed to one of them).

3 hours ago, ValourousHeart said:

I had limited birthday funds and was planning to get a photo/autograph with a celeb coming to Dallas, but found out they canceled yesterday.  So I missed out on both!

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. But happy birthday! I hope you can maybe swing by a few local stores just in case. You'd be surprised how lucky one can get.

I was going to collect them anyway so the rules were never a "selling point". 

Sure, nice rules help but it's not a deal breaker. I don't get many games so now I just enjoy playing and don't care much about the outcome. 

@ValorousHeart - oh no thats a shame. In the UK at least there are still some army boxes kicking around, as Lemondish says I would try some retailers you might find one.

Does anyone know the dimensions/size of the Land Fortress? Was planning to proxy it as a Land Raider in my 2nd ed Squat army.

8 hours ago, TCC said:

I’m actually really annoyed at this, I liked the idea of the land fortress and that weapon combo (as well as many other army wide things), I decided to pick up an S graded army to help me develop my Guard tactics and play (training play against myself) but I’m not sure now if they really are going to be a training aid for the guard if they drop from the top bracket. I would have gone for another S grade army - the reason I leaned towards the squats was because of the models, their shooting strengths and the feelings I have for their history when I collected some of them back in their day. I don’t want to own other S grades armies for training purposes because I don’t like them (excluding nids but my guard can win against them, I liked the squats (but I like many other factions too and maybe I should have just committed to one of them).

If you only intend to use them against yourself, then just use the unaltered rules and points. The regular codex will have already been printed by now, without the changes, so theres nothing preventing you.

So, went to my local GW shop, picked up the limited edition army box (the only one available) , a bright orange contrast and a blue (nerf colours!) and downloaded the errata.

Tomorrow it'll have to search the attic for glue and spray and start to assemble my Nerfikus Skwat League.  Feeling good!