Newb 1K list

craigjon

First time poster, been lurking for a while. Been lured into HH after 15 years away from GW. Only have the starter set so far. My RG first list:

Praetor with some stuff

Contemptor wih melta cannon

15 x tactical marines with chain bayonet

6 x recon marines with nemesis bolters

6 x Deliverers with ravens talons & 1 multi-melta

No idea what traits etc to go for, so would welcome suggestions. Interested to know where people are sourcing things like multi-meltas from, and whether the 40K Raven Guard Primaris upgrade kit is compatible with the HH plastics.

Will probably eventually get some of the FW specials, but will also using the figures for generic sci-fi rules sets.

At 1k you can use whatever, the game won't be remotely balanced at that level if someone really tries to break it.

The only thing you really need concern yourself with, is where you Independent character is attaching, and can you kind of handle the most common units taken from the AoD box.

Primaris upgrades will sort of fit the Mk6 models, but there will be some anachronistic elements depending on which bits you're talking about. Multimelta for a chataphractii terminator? There's one in the SoH Justaerin upgrade set.

Edited by Brother_Angelus

You can convert the heavy flamer in the Cataphractii kit to a multi melta. You can find a multi melta on your Spartan vehicle accessory sprue.

I would personally avoid the Primaris upgrade sprue, the scale isn’t quite right for the MKVI marines. The forgeworld Raven Guard transfer sheet is the most cost effective way of sourcing your legion markings and other symbols, plus the transfers look great.

You’ll need an second troops choice, the recon marines are a support squad so they cannot be one of your compulsory troop choices. I’d recommend working towards a 1500 point list to begin with, the game doesn’t scale very well at 1000 points. You could start by switching your 15 man tactical squad for 2x 10 squads.

Tactical support squads are a solid choice, I use rotor cannons and melta guns. I use the Decaptiation Strike rite of war which I think is decent, although it limits you to 1 heavy support choice. Hidden hand is the best warlord trait for deep striking jump pack HQs, you could attach him to an assault squad or Dark Furys.

On 9/30/2022 at 5:55 PM, Varyn said:

You’ll need an second troops choice, the recon marines are a support squad so they cannot be one of your compulsory troop choices.
Where does it say that? They are Line troops.

The forgeworld Raven Guard transfer sheet is the most cost effective way of sourcing your legion markings and other symbols, plus the transfers look great.

Doesn't seem to be on their site anymore...

I've not noticed a significant difference between the 40k upgrade sprue and the new first born bodies. Emo boys look good. If anyone gives you flak...they raptor man's with mutations.

I grabbed the Justerian upgrade pack and the Power Axe upgrade packs off Forgeworld. Since Deliverers fought alongside Horus and the Luna wolves I've incorporated Cthonian axes in amongst the squad.

Budget wise you can do what's already been mentioned by converting the heavy flamer with Multi-Melta. I'd just split the 15 man squad into two 10-man squads if you can.

Edit: picture of some of my tacticals with primaris upgrades.

16647150721638044059920398107153.thumb.jpg.7d1451ec041181c5ed3533aadfff2b38.jpg

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Think about Zone Mortalis for 1k. You only need one compulsory troops and don’t need the jump packs or tanks. Terminators and the dreadnought will be great. Might still be worth rounding out that to 2x10 tacticals for “line” though.

ZM rules were in White Dwarf a few months ago.