Back in the Hobby after a long break

Arikel

Pleasantly surprised to see my old account was still in the data base. With 3 little ones running around I had to pack all my stuff in a box, but now I am in a place big enough to have a room in the basement I can paint in, and space marines are back on the menu. Glad to have the hobby back in my life.

Thanks! I have a custom chapter right now but have altered their paint scheme to be slightly less confusing. Never could really decided if they were UM successors or not so I guess it's unknow at this point?

Anyways I have my imperium subscription going, split with a friend so I'll finally be getting some primaris and looks like a few other things as well. Hoping to chart some of my hobby in the in progress forum.

On 10/6/2022 at 7:24 AM, Jolemai said:

Welcome back to the fold! How long was it you last played/painted? 

For painting it's been at least 6 years. We moved when my daughter was twoish, and pretty much my dudes stayed in storage till now., with two other lil ones dropping in to take up my time and space.

Eight edition soured me a bit as well, I didn't really like the primaris intro so much but I have warmed up to them some since then. Now I have a the imperium subscription split with a friend and a bunch of other kits I bought and the chapter is coming back to life.

For playing I think I did a couple 500 point games in 8th, and so far only one or two games of 9th. My ambition is fired up again though and I am really excited for the new stuff. Might even start some new armies to ally with my space marines.