Is this just a fancy copy of Battle of The Fang?

Anaraion

They renamed the book. It was "Battle of the Fang" I looked at the synopsis of "Battle of the Fang" and it is exactly the same.

Edit: Not sure I like the look of the Fang in that drawing either. In my mind The Fang was always more.... fang-like. :D I suppose that is not really Imperial design though and more akin to T'au. So.. Meh.

Edited by Broken Epoch

I already own this but damn that is a fancy cover. :wub:

@Broken Epoch have you read the Bill King 'Ragnar' novels? I loved how the fang was described through the eyes of a primitive who hasnt seen anything techier than a shoelace. If you have not hade a chance to read them do try and hunt them down. 

2 hours ago, Broken Epoch said:

They renamed the book. It was "Battle of the Fang" I looked at the synopsis of "Battle of the Fang" and it is exactly the same.

Edit: Not sure I like the look of the Fang in that drawing either. In my mind The Fang was always more.... fang-like. :D I suppose that is not really Imperial design though and more akin to T'au. So.. Meh.

Not exactly the same. War of the Fang collects together Battle of the Fang and its prequel novella The Hunt for Magnus, which is a must read to better understand the motivations of the characters in the main novel, as it sets things up brilliantly.

11 hours ago, Slave to Darkness said:

@Broken Epoch have you read the Bill King 'Ragnar' novels? I loved how the fang was described through the eyes of a primitive who hasnt seen anything techier than a shoelace. If you have not hade a chance to read them do try and hunt them down. 

Just really started getting into Space Wolves so I have not yet. I'm still conflicted though lol! Part of me just wants to play Dark Angels as I have 60 tactical marines from the start set from a few years back. We'll see if I get get all in to this sculpting thing or not. A lot of Space Wolves stuff needs to be sculpting imho or it just doesn't look right. But then again, I only want to play primaris marines. So, Ragnar is a good option for me. But Primaris Dante is really tickling me. I really like Dante as a character. The Blood Angels are not all that bad either. But I need to read more about the Space Wolves so I can get more into them. Most people that talk about them just treat them as animal lovers or the country bumpkins. But Wolf Lord Rho shows the kind of awe I like. I'm hopefully picking up "The Gift" by ADB, my favorite GW author, soon. It is on my Christmas list for my family. If I don't get it then I'll buy it and read it on my flight out to the Philippines in January.  I'll look into Bill King's novels as well though.

10 hours ago, Morovir said:

Not exactly the same. War of the Fang collects together Battle of the Fang and its prequel novella The Hunt for Magnus, which is a must read to better understand the motivations of the characters in the main novel, as it sets things up brilliantly.

Ahhh thank you for the correction! I'll be looking to get the books on kindle. Much easier to hold with my old man arms than a thick tome like that. :D Thank you for the correction!