DA Firewing 2000pts

Gryphon65

Been playing with the idea, just for giggles .

Rite of war; serpents bane.

HQ

Corswain; warlord.

Centurion; librarian

Elites;

2x Apothecary ( attached to troop ), stormwing.

Troop;

10 Tactical, Vex, N-vox, chainswords, stormwing.

10 Tactical, Vex, N-vox, chain bayonet, stormwing.

10 Tactical support, Volkite charger, rhino with dozer blade

Fast attack

2x firewing Enigmatus with missile launcher, stasis missile 

8 Seeker Squad, 4x combo-melts, 3 Combi-plasma, sgt plasma pistol, power fist, rhino, dozer blade, multi-melta.

Heavy 

10 Heavy support squad, missile launchers, stasis missiles, augury.

1 Vindicator laser destroyer, dozer blades, searchlight.

Total 1998 pts

Edited by Gryphon65

Long answer I’m afraid;

Each type picks it’s own trait, the book states, “ all units composed entirely of models with the Legiones astartes (dark angel ) special rule must select a Hexagrammaton sub type, All models within a unit must have the same subtype”. Each subtype gets their own buffs ie shooting, combat with blade, wounds bonus or movement, regardless of RoW ! Plus if I give a line troop “stormwing” +1 to hit in shooting and chainswards, then attach an apothecary with “deathwing” +1 to hit in assault, it states “ at the start of a players turn any model under the players control include models with different Hexagrammaton subtypes the controlling player must select one of their subtypes whose benefits will be applied to the models in the unit until that start of the current players next turn”. 
so unit gets shooting buff from subtype, add deathwing  Apothecary with another sub type, they get buff in assault when jumped on !

Edited by Gryphon65
Spell check keeps messing with me

Short answer:

All units selected as Troops choices in a Detachment using this Rite of War must have the Firewing Unit Sub-type

Your Warlord also has to be Firewing, so either Corswain is out or it needs to be on your centurion.

I don't think stasis missiles are really that good but I'd consider swapping at least one of the tactical squads for despoilers to take advantage of Concussive (you can give up to three of your troops choices Infiltrate). You might also want to split the missile launcher squad into two so you can target two units. If you had room, I'd see if you could squeeze in some Destroyers or Terminators and/or a Dreadnought.