Guard reveals

8 minutes ago, LtColKool said:

The more I look at these Kasrkin, the sexier they get. Will an all-Kasrkin force be a thing? 

Have we seen specific rumors on these yet about what the rules will look like for Cadians/Kasrkin? 

What do you mean by rules for Kasrkin/Cadians?

there will be a list of rules that we select for our armies regardless of regiments are in it.

15 hours ago, duz_ said:

I saw someone point out the new tank has a similar silhouette as the British Matilda tank. 

I hope it's not a direct rip off of that. Since that's one ugly tank :ermm:

I was thinking the same about a Matilda (well, I don't know that I'd call her ugly). Still, there is a higher res picture out there. The tracks remind me of a Churchill tank as well. It shares a lot with a baneblade turret, but there is a noticeable difference on the point the gun meets the turret, I forget what that's called.  It also looks similar to side vents on a chimera chassis. The idea of it being destroyed is also interesting - is it terrain or just a conversion to get the hype machine going? 

As to the Castellan, I do wonder about the way in which orders will continue to exist. There's no deny the witch or shut down orders (well some stuff turns off re-rolls). Maybe it's an uncessary mechanic. Maybe it will still exist and castellans just add layers - e.g. "issuing orders and directing fire wherever it’s needed, all while extending re-rolls to every CORE unit in range." The Advertisement sounds great to the point of hoping we don't get a day 1 FAQ.

Uh oh... I see "CORE" there. 

On 10/12/2022 at 2:11 PM, Captain Caine 24th said:

I was thinking the same about a Matilda (well, I don't know that I'd call her ugly). Still, there is a higher res picture out there. The tracks remind me of a Churchill tank as well. It shares a lot with a baneblade turret, but there is a noticeable difference on the point the gun meets the turret, I forget what that's called.  It also looks similar to side vents on a chimera chassis. The idea of it being destroyed is also interesting - is it terrain or just a conversion to get the hype machine going? 

As to the Castellan, I do wonder about the way in which orders will continue to exist. There's no deny the witch or shut down orders (well some stuff turns off re-rolls). Maybe it's an uncessary mechanic. Maybe it will still exist and castellans just add layers - e.g. "issuing orders and directing fire wherever it’s needed, all while extending re-rolls to every CORE unit in range." The Advertisement sounds great to the point of hoping we don't get a day 1 FAQ.

Uh oh... I see "CORE" there. 

We need rerolls to be on the same level as other codexes, but I’m tired of so many rerolls all the time. 

23 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

We need rerolls to be on the same level as other codexes, but I’m tired of so many rerolls all the time. 

We also need a dex that's on par with other codexs, but will that even happen:ermm:

We rely on decreasing staline boxes and easily cleared away infantry and that's about it:tongue:

19 minutes ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Looks like platoons are back! The Roughriders have both the Platoon and Core key words. 

Now, as Kriegers, we just need our mutant horses ridden by suicidal mutes to get their WS3 back... I wonder if (And have a feeling that) they'll just have most Krieg unique stuff be "counts as".

19 minutes ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Looks like platoons are back! The Roughriders have both the Platoon and Core key words. 

Don’t get too excited. High percent chance that platoon is little more than a keyword that enables jr officers to give units with that keyword orders.

so I’d imagine units w/o the platoon keyword officers in command squads can’t order them, but castellans and lord solar could.

Dark Legionnaire, I feel you’re right on that, I’m cool with that. I love my Deathriders and I like the rules revealed so far on the hunting lances. It looks like Guard are going a bit more generic with less rules support for different Regiments.

Inquisitor_Lensoven, too late mate, the hype train has left it’s station!!

If I get some of these Ill be popping on the Wargames Atlantic conversion sprue heads (Pickelhaube with gasmasks), only problem is they will be massive compared to the cav I already have. I guess I could use them as a 'command' unit, I can imagine the best horses go to the more important soldiers. 

1 hour ago, Dark Legionnare said:

Now, as Kriegers, we just need our mutant horses ridden by suicidal mutes to get their WS3 back... I wonder if (And have a feeling that) they'll just have most Krieg unique stuff be "counts as".

Yeah I can imagine Deathriders and Roughriders being the same unit now, any variations will be through keywords or (even more) additional special rules. Not sure what Engineers can count as though as guard have no shotgun squad options. Hope the RC bomb tanks stay as well.

35 minutes ago, Slave to Darkness said:

Yeah I can imagine Deathriders and Roughriders being the same unit now, any variations will be through keywords or (even more) additional special rules. Not sure what Engineers can count as though as guard have no shotgun squad options. Hope the RC bomb tanks stay as well.

I heard from a buddy (haven't looked into these recent dumps much at all) that Veterans are going away. As far as I'm aware, that was the only way to get shotguns in IG since basically 5th edition... So, uh... they stay unique? 

I'm sure the grenadiers will becomes kaskrkin, since their kit is basically the same. Carapace armor, hotshots, some special weapons, etc....

37 minutes ago, Dark Legionnare said:

I'm sure the grenadiers will becomes kaskrkin, since their kit is basically the same. Carapace armor, hotshots, some special weapons, etc....

Only thing that bothers me with that is heavy stubber armed Grenadiers, could count them as hotshot volley guns I guess. I do have some 5 man Grenadier squads that Ill have to bump up to full ten man units, good job I ordered some spare sprues a few weeks go for 'emergencies'. 

4 hours ago, our_baz said:

Very cool. Already looking at head swaps from anvil industries. 

100% the move. Don’t sleep on Mad Robot Miniatures either! I’ve enjoyed their headswaps a lot. 

1 hour ago, duz_ said:

Just noticed this in the warcom post:

I wonder if this will be the Dorn announcement?

If I had to guess… I’d guess it was that. 

6 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Anyone else overlook the frag lances get exploding hits? Not just 6s, but all hits generate 2 more hits.

so even if only one guy manages a hit, you get 2 more hits…but are those auto hits, or do you have to roll to hit for those?

I totally overlooked that at first. Depending on how many guys get to carry the “fancy frag/melta lance,” this could be really good. Then imagine further buffs with doctrines, orders, re-rolls from the new HQ… (I believe precedent is that a hit would generate two auto-hits)

Edited by LtColKool

8 minutes ago, LtColKool said:

100% the move. Don’t sleep on Mad Robot Miniatures either! I’ve enjoyed their headswaps a lot. 

If I had to guess… I’d guess it was that. 

I totally overlooked that at first. Depending on how many guys get to carry the “fancy frag/melta lance,” this could be really good. Then imagine further buffs with doctrines, orders, re-rolls from the new HQ… (I believe precedent is that a hit would generate two auto-hits)

Even at a lowly S3 that would be dangerous for marines if they have WS3+
assuming 2/5 hit initially, generating 4 more hits you can expect 2 wounds out of that attack.

that’s before any buffs from rules, army rules, orders or WLTs.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

Id assume it would be auto hits as well, the pointy bit is already stuck into the enemy, heretics cant dodge a grenade thats pinned to their chests.