Guard reveals

I dont see the issue with the turret gunner potentially capping the tank commander, dont pop your head out in front of a gun when its being used, only themselves to blame if they loose their heads.

On 10/25/2022 at 7:52 AM, Shamansky said:

I don't know why geedubs' designers are so itching to place a living warrior at every gun. Like those primaris landspeeder's turret, or that stationary gun with a damned full size spacemarine. Now this poor guy have to operate a damn stabber outside of the armour. Why don't they put a lousy servoskull like at Aegis' gun-placement or a servitor there? 

Servoskulls aren't 'lousy' they're rarer and more respected than the average guardsman and unlike servitors it can be an honour to get a chance to end up as one. Servitors are also rarer than infantry. Skitari vehicles do have servitors which isn't an inconsistancy it just means the Admech is hogging them.

20 hours ago, Slave to Darkness said:

I just had a thought, if the Cadians are bigger would the tank hatches be bigger as well? That could make the Dorn larger than in the comparison image with the Russ. 

Indeed, I suspect this is likely the case. However any difference is probably relatively small. So for an early comparison it gives us an idea I suspect it's probably within 10-15% of actual. 

17 hours ago, duz_ said:

Indeed, I suspect this is likely the case. However any difference is probably relatively small. So for an early comparison it gives us an idea I suspect it's probably within 10-15% of actual. 

The bigger the better... (ooer missus) 

Its gonna look good with the turret swapped out for a Tiger II one.

On a whole I like this model. (More than I appreciated the Dorn at least) 

I think I might attempt replacing the points on the helmet with a plume though. 

The rules tease was pretty dull.... Wonder what his other rules are? 

Although the model looks nice, it all seems too similar to warhammer fantasy/AOS to truly make it a clear 40k model, even considering it is a mechanical horse.

The pistol looks something taken from the warhammer fantasy cavalry and the lack of augmentations makes it somewhat strange to me.

It does raise the tactical rock to a whole new level though :biggrin:

47 minutes ago, GreenScorpion said:

Although the model looks nice, it all seems too similar to warhammer fantasy/AOS to truly make it a clear 40k model, even considering it is a mechanical horse.

The pistol looks something taken from the warhammer fantasy cavalry and the lack of augmentations makes it somewhat strange to me.

It does raise the tactical rock to a whole new level though :biggrin:

Yeah. Feels way too heavy on the AoS vibes for my tastes.... The "halo helmet" looks way out of place. Hoping there's alternate heads with "less AoS aesthetics." A modern scaled refresh of the Macharius (infantry lord, not tank) would've been a slam dunk, IMO.

Like, a model that's basically the cover of the book (minus the wings of course):
image.png.a1f8d77375f244e5a5ee9ff7f8d6bbba.png
Can even give him a tactical plinth as a 40 or 50mm base type character model. Something elegant like Horus' OG  statuary base from HH.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

6 minutes ago, ImperialWarrior said:

They clearly wanted a character that could keep up with RRs.

for me I would have preferred something like the SoB pulpit, with a tactical display, and plasma cannon that can’t overheat, with a toned down pistol would have been more fitting imho

I'm actually considering that. I've started building the Sister pulpit for my Fortress of Arrogance, with Yarrick inside it.

I can easily make it dual-purpose. The base is awesome...walking over a destroyed Chaos titan is just A Statement. So I'll probably find some robo-legs to glue to it, and then I can swap the magnetised pulpit between it or the Baneblade, depending what I want to run. And then my armies will be led by Yarrick instead of Karl Franz. :biggrin:

Have to admit, not a fan.

It’s gaudy and has a bit of “my little pony” about it. Maybe it’s the colour scheme but I’ll pass on this.

Though I was worried about using my Deathrider Squadron Commander but the base is about the same size so I’m good to go!

32 minutes ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Have to admit, not a fan.

It’s gaudy and has a bit of “my little pony” about it. Maybe it’s the colour scheme but I’ll pass on this.

Though I was worried about using my Deathrider Squadron Commander but the base is about the same size so I’m good to go!

Im already checking ebay for suitable bits to make my own. Im not saying mine will look better, but it wont look any worse. 

13 minutes ago, Jud Cottrell said:

I’m certain you can make a good stab at it!

Insult to injury, my Marshall is called Marius Konstantin, they named the bloody horse the same thing.

GRRRRRR!!!

I bet GW are looking through our threads for good names... 

George Clooney GIFs | Tenor

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Not a fan of it but have to bear in mind this is a guy who spends most of his time in the glitz and glamour of Terran nobility and not on the front line with the grunts.

So he's going to be shiny and new just to say "look grunts I'm better than you so do as I say"

On 10/25/2022 at 4:52 PM, Shamansky said:

I don't know why geedubs' designers are so itching to place a living warrior at every gun. Like those primaris landspeeder's turret, or that stationary gun with a damned full size spacemarine. Now this poor guy have to operate a damn stabber outside of the armour. Why don't they put a lousy servoskull like at Aegis' gun-placement or a servitor there? 

image.png.49aa73a8807a7107cdd0a0d17ffc4e94.png

Unlike the marine ones, that's actually semi-historical. 

On 10/25/2022 at 1:15 AM, SteveAntilles said:

F5pihMg.jpg

No way it's that big. That's basically as wide as the Baneblade, just shorter. In any kind of tournament table it's going to be nearly impossible to move around. 

Edited by jarms48