Guard reveals

Considering the consistent rumours of the turret rule, it was always going to stay at a base 4+ BS. They were never going to give us a unit you can bring multiples off and that can annihilate a target from across the table on a 2+.

Besides, we now have a built in 3+ to hit on ALL our main vehicle weapons across the board. That's a massive buff and I'm here for it. I have 15 Russes and I will squeeze as many as I can into a list at least once.

5 hours ago, sairence said:

Considering the consistent rumours of the turret rule, it was always going to stay at a base 4+ BS. They were never going to give us a unit you can bring multiples off and that can annihilate a target from across the table on a 2+.

Besides, we now have a built in 3+ to hit on ALL our main vehicle weapons across the board. That's a massive buff and I'm here for it. I have 15 Russes and I will squeeze as many as I can into a list at least once.

Well, if the rumours of the Take Aim order are true Scions and Kasrkins will have 2+ to hit and AP-3 on base weapons. You can drop Scions anyway and blast them.

15 hours ago, ImperialWarrior said:

Anyone want to speculate about the effect of the platoon keyword?

im kinda thinking JOs in command squads will only be able to issue orders units with the keyword, and maybe confer an Ld benefit of some sort, or something along those lines anyway 

I was thinking it might work like the Dark Eldar  codex where you  get free detachments if they all have a keyword so perhaps it will be free patrol detachments if all units have the Platoon keyword.

1 hour ago, redmapa said:

I was thinking it might work like the Dark Eldar  codex where you  get free detachments if they all have a keyword so perhaps it will be free patrol detachments if all units have the Platoon keyword.

That makes sense as the detachments boil down to platoons with support units 

Surprised the new warcom article hasn't been posted yet 

Mix Your Favourite Regiments in the New Codex: Astra Militarum

qzv4NEIRhsZemfbL.jpg

More on the traits and how they work in the article. There's a fair few previews. 

Good to see more info, although still haven't figured out how they all gel together yet... 

11 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

For having lost regiment traits:ermm:

15 is rather.....low:sad:

I'd agree, it also seems weird that the rules (WT, sub-faction rule, relic strat) for the named regiments is gone, especially when every other faction follows that format. 

2 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

If that means a tank officer can no longer order himself, we can add that to the pile of nerfs

Unless the officer can order himself, then the orders will carry over to platoon/squadron units within 6".  Why that isn't 12" for tanks is unknown, and we don't know what Vox casters will do, or if vehicles will use their come with radios...

r9TzVGyIjJmd0Yg1.jpgLAWnKgCyEwYBEMob.jpg

DZtonUBbtg0KqLF0.jpg

The Death Korps of Krieg and Catachan Jungle Fighters are both getting their own individual datasheets in the new book. Krieg troopers have access to the many options included in their Kill Team kit – such as sniper rifles and medi-packs – while Catachans boast two flamers and a particularly vicious close combat ability.

Tbit5dZ6FibgBpNE.jpg

Commissars might be the furthest things from Sly Marbo’s modus operandi – championing order and discipline – and their management style was previously delivered exclusively at the barrel of a bolt pistol. Having learned that some troops respond better to gentle encouragement than the imminent threat of execution, they now have access to Prefectus Orders.

1K7cx3rrT8uNg85O.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/09/death-korps-sly-marbo-and-more-get-major-upgrades-in-codex-astra-militarum/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=warhammer-40,000&utm_content=cadiaarticle09112022

Edited by Dezron

The fact you can move the deathstrike marker on your turn makes them a potentially very useful tool. I can see the threat of it falling and keeping your opponent's army spread out/away from certain objectives being more useful than the potential damage.

I'm curious, do have to fire the weapon the following turn after placing the marker? Or do can you keep moving it around the board until you're ready? Also is it auto hit? 

Mint transhuman for DKOK is nice @Jud CottrellCottrelland and @Captain Semper must be happy with that. 

Good to see Sly will be making an appearance. 

You can keep moving it, the action is change target or fire:yes:

But is it worth it at 150? for something that gives the enemy a turn to move away:unsure:

and even if you do hit something, on a 1 it still does nothing, that's just very up in the air for me:yes:

150 is a russ doing something every turn till it dies:yes:

55 minutes ago, duz_ said:

Mint transhuman for DKOK is nice @Jud CottrellCottrelland and @Captain Semper must be happy with that. 

Is anyone going to really take the dkok squads at 80pts:laugh:

80pts for 10 t3 guys, is just bananas:laugh: 

Or is everyone just going to use cadians and call them (insert name):tongue:

Since it looks like all the leaked rules are correct, we can only hope the leaked points are wrong:tongue: