Kill Team: Shadowvaults—New Necron Kill Team

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/08/warhammer-day-reveals-kasrkin-and-cryptek-kill-teams-rumble-in-the-gallowdark/

As revealed today, we now have a bespoke kill team! This is one for the first boxes I might actually consider picking up, or at least the kill team itself (though I don’t need another technomancer, I think. Maybe just the upgrade sprue and the immortals kit).

what do you think? The article mentions both immortals and Deathmarks, so do we think you’ll be able to build immortals other than the Despotek?

2 hours ago, Tyriks said:

Have these upgrade kits gotten 40k rules for other factions so far?

Both the Void-scarred Aeldari and the new CSM Legionary squad did (the Void-scarred becoming a Troop unit and the CSM getting both the Psyker model and the Butcher's two-handed chainaxe as options). I think the Traitor Guard did as well, but I'm not sure. I know the Primaris Infiltrators upgrade sprue was just cosmetic with no rules impact, but am unsure about any of the others.

They've produced PDFs for the other kill teams, relatively recently. They're all available from the 40k downloads page: https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#warhammer-40000

I'm curious to see what they do here but I doubt it'll be all that dramatic. Some sort of less-than-Cryptek and another Immortal character. I suppose it's possible we'll see a small unit of deathmarks and that could potentially be useful in some situations. The Plasmacytes might do cool stuff too I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the neuron part of the box later this week. The new immortal is another prince sculpt and the plasmacyts are new too. The aprentec is new and the model I am after so doing my happy dance. The rules look pretty good too. Can't wait to take them in a game.

1 hour ago, Dread said:

I'm getting the neuron part of the box later this week. The new immortal is another prince sculpt and the plasmacyts are new too. The aprentec is new and the model I am after so doing my happy dance. The rules look pretty good too. Can't wait to take them in a game.

Good luck with that !! everyone i know is missing out on this shadowvault boxset :confused:...

M. 

• 2 weeks later...