500 pts for the new game mode of 40k

INKS

So they revealed ARK or something like that, where you'll take 500 point forces into a space hulk to fight it out. I LOVE THIS! LOVE IT.

So lets assume no dreads? no jetbikes? no tanks? flyers? transports? 

What do we take into this. Just load up on Guardians? Do Sisters start to shine a little here?

Trajann is probably out at 200 points. So Blade Hero?

Thoughts? Let's talk this out.

• This is what I've come up with. We don't know the rules mind you but making some assumptions, what do you think?

• Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes)

• Configuration

• Battle Size

Selections: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points) 

Categories: ConfigurationNew Roster (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [26 PL, 1CP, 494pts]

• Detachment Command Cost

Categories: Configuration

• Detachment Type / Shield Host

Selections: Adeptus Custodes, Emperor's Chosen

Categories: Configuration, Faction: Emperor's Chosen

• Game Type

Selections: 4. Chapter Approved: War Zone Nephilim

• HQ

• Blade Champion

Selections: 6. Peerless Warrior, Eagle's Eye, Stratagem: Relic, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord

Categories: Faction: Imperium, Faction: <Shield Host>, Infantry, Character, Blade Champion, HQ, Warlord, Emperor's Chosen Warlord

• Troops

• Custodian Guard Squad

Categories: Faction: Imperium, Faction: Adeptus Custodes, Faction: <Shield Host>, Infantry, Core, Custodian Guard, Troops

• Custodian w/ Guardian Spear & Misericordia

• 2x Custodian w/ Sentinel Blade & Praesidium Shield

Selections: 2x Praesidium Shield, 2x Sentinel Blade

• Custodian Guard Squad

Categories: Faction: Imperium, Faction: Adeptus Custodes, Faction: <Shield Host>, Infantry, Core, Custodian Guard, Troops

• Custodian w/ Guardian Spear & Misericordia

• Prosecutors

Selections: Prosecutor Sister Superior

Categories: Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Core, Faction: Anathema Psykana, Prosecutors, Troops

• 6x Prosecutor

Selections: 6x Boltgun

Yeah flamers in particular might be better. I thought about terminators, it might be better to go with 1 troops, terminators and then sisters. I'll have to play with the points. There is a lot we don't know yet but this is a kind of for fun thing to speculate about I think. I was already basing my whole army with necromunda bases, so I CAN'T WAIT for the new bases to come out. Hopefully they are a better value.

The board size is supposed to be the same just long ways. so it's more narrow. It's double the size of kill team.

Just wanted to add that these 500 pt teams are my new Jam for sure. It's so much less daunting than buying and painting up 2000 pts. Just jump in with 500 points and lets have an interesting game. Plus I love space hulk, so anything that copies it in some way is for me.

Some more news: It's been said already that things like Dreads and Tanks WON'T be able to be taken. Which makes sense. I wonder how they land on Jump packs. I've come up with this. Only 2 Terminators, but it could be three. It means cutting the witchseekers if I do that though and I think an MSU of them is going to be handy. Both for psykers who I think are going to be powerful here but also because I think flamers are going to put work in.

New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [26 PL, 1CP, 500pts]

• Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes)

• Configuration

• Battle Size

• Game Type

• HQ

• Blade Champion

Selections: 6. Peerless Warrior, Eagle's Eye, Stratagem: Relic, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord

Categories: Faction: Imperium, Faction: <Shield Host>, Infantry, Character, Blade Champion, HQ, Warlord, Emperor's Chosen Warlord

• Troops

• Custodian Guard Squad

• 2x Custodian w/ Guardian Spear & Misericordia

Selections: 2x Guardian Spear, 2x Misericordia

• Elites

• Allarus Custodians

Categories: Faction: Adeptus Custodes, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Terminator, Faction: <Shield Host>, Core, Allarus, Teleport Homer, Custodians, Elites

• Allarus w/ Guardian Spear & Misericordia

• Allarus Custodians

Categories: Faction: Adeptus Custodes, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Terminator, Faction: <Shield Host>, Core, Allarus, Teleport Homer, Custodians, Elites

• Allarus w/ Castellan Axe & Misericordia

• Fast Attack

• Witchseekers

Selections: Witchseeker Sister Superior

Categories: Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Core, Witchseekers, Faction: Anathema Psykana, Fast Attack

• 4x Witchseeker

Selections: 4x Witchseeker Flamer

I am sure you guys are getting tired of seeing my lists and trying to suss it all out. But bear with me. One more list. This is the one I am going to build, regardless that I don't have any Terminators right now. lol

New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [25 PL, 480pts]

• Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes)

• Configuration

• Battle Size

• Game Type

• HQ

• Shield-Captain in Allarus Terminator Armor

Selections: Guardian Spear, Misericordia, Unstoppable Destroyer, Warlord

Categories: Terminator, Character, Faction: Adeptus Custodes, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Shield-Captain, Allarus, Teleport Homer, Faction: <Shield Host>, HQ, Warlord, Emperor's Chosen Warlord

• Elites

• Allarus Custodians

• 2x Allarus w/ Guardian Spear & Misericordia

Selections: 2x Balistus Grenade Launcher, 2x Guardian Spear, 2x Misericordia

• Allarus Custodians

• 2x Allarus w/ Castellan Axe & Misericordia

Selections: 2x Balistus Grenade Launcher, 2x Castellan Axe, 2x Misericordia

• Vexilus Praetor in Allarus Terminator Armor

Selections: Misericordia, Vexilla Magnifica

Categories: Terminator, Character, Faction: Adeptus Custodes, Faction: Imperium, Infantry, Vexilus Praetor, Allarus, Teleport Homer, Faction: <Shield Host>, Elites

Terminators that teleport all over the place!!! 6 in total.

RE: Using Custodes

I was thinking the same thing (previously, I mentioned to Brother Inks I was putting together a Custodes Kill Team for Into the Dark...so this is REALLY close), and was asking for opinions at the Warhammer Store.  Turns out due to recent rules changes, namely Armour of Content, Custodes don't seem killy enough for their low model count.  Not a deal-breaker, but something noteworthy, because I thought I could just 300 Spartans my way through corridors.  What's more likely is a lot of clogged tunnels, but I also need someone to stand on Objectives (maybe tap into Rogue Traders for this?  Dunno).

RE: the Elites Detachment

So I've been wondering about this.  The term I saw used was "Boarding Patrols".  Not sure if they specifically wanted Patrol detachments.  Now, that's just reading a lot into the phrase, in fact, 1 word: "Patrol", but the reason is otherwise most everyone would use the Deathwing Detachment for ObSec Termies.

(Assuming ObSec is even a thing, they relaxed Scoring rules in the spiritual predecessor of this game mode, Zone Mortalis.)

Just something I'd keep an eye on in advance...you probably already thought of this, and if you did, I'm just agreeing with you.

I didn't even think about scoring but that is something to consider. I am now thinking to find a way to get some void guys in here. (man I am bad with names) or just add sisters. I could see them limiting terminators in some ways, or maybe you'll have to take patrols. This would limit how many you could take. Either way, I've got three lists that all work in my mind, but time will tell. Appreciate the thoughts. keep'm coming. GO CUSTODES!

So id favour Anathema, because they are much cooler than Custodes :P Ive not spent any command points but would probably give the Knight a warlord trait for the lols ;) 

Anathema Psykana Patrol Detatchment 493pts

Aleya 75pts
Warlord (Oblivion Knight)

Knight Centura 50pts
Exruciatus Flamer

5x Prosecutors 60pts

7x Vigilators 98pts

5x Vigilators 70pts 

5x Witchseekers 70pts

5x Witchseekers 70pts

• 3 weeks later...

I am really keen to see what this format can achieve - quick games with short lanes of fire have lots of potential for some epic games. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some kind of bonus for flamer weapons (e.g. the old zone mortalis) which would but sisters in prime position. Shield custodes will also probably be a good shout - depending on the rules it might be possible to use terrain chokepoints to limit the attacks coming in to them and then beat anything 1v1 300 Spartans style 

• 1 month later...

It's kind of battle of the Elites. I've got a good number of Terminators in there. can't wait to see the rules for this mode. I know it's not competitive or supposed to be, but I can't help and build a competitive sort of way.

Some armies would be able to horde it up, which would also be interesting. 500 pts of guardsmen. You'd be able to do 60-70 potential troops. Who cares if they die easily, you'll flood the board. Same with Nids, just a few warriors maybe and gaunts for days

Edited by INKS