Asuryani and Aeldari?

ValourousHeart
Go to solution Solved by Karhedron,

Games Workshop released a meta watch article this week that made a distinction between Harlequins, Ynnari, Asuryani, and Aeldari.

I don't play Aeldari, and I rarely even get to face them at my LGS.

I sort of understand Harlequins appearing on the list.  But I feel like the distinction of Harlequins from Aeldari is like distinguishing Deathwing or Ravenwing from Dark Angels.  Sure we would all love to see those stats, but why would tournaments include one and not the other?

I feel like Ynnari to Aeldari is comparable with Ultramarines + Guilliman to other Space Marines from the codex.

But the one that is most confusing is the distinction between Asuryani and Aeldari.  I thought those were both names for Craftworld Eldar.

I'm hoping one of you can help me understand the difference.

Hi there,

In the previous edition, Harlequins were a fully stand-alone faction. While they have been rolled into the new CWE codex, they are frequently fielded as a stand-alone list. Indeed the codex supports this with WLTs, Relics and Stratagems just for them. Maybe this is a hangover but it does reflect that a lot of people play pure Harlequins.

Aeldari encompases the entire Eldar race. Asuryani are craftworld Eldar and Drukhari are Dark Eldar.

Thank you Karhedron,

That makes a lot of sense now about Harlequins.

On the second part about Asuryani and Aeldari, let me rephrase my question.

Is there a particular theme to a list that you would say is a good representation of what players think of as an Asuryani list?  And this is more what comes to mind for an Aedari list?

image.png.d7aefe3f441b9dc838f31ef3f51c2f25.png

• Solution

For Asuryani, I would expect a traditional Craftworld list based around Guardians, Grav tanks, Aspect Warriors and Wraithconstructs.

Aeldari I guess means a mixed faction. Ynnari are listed separately so I assume it composes mixed Craftworld and Harlequin forces.