Hello Bolters and Chainswords

Rogue by name, rogue by nature! Great to see another collector of the First Heretics - a force I'd definitely collect if I hadn't painted up so much red Blood Angels already.

Are your word bearers for 40k or horus heresy or both? It would be great to see them in the traitor astartes section of the site :D

3 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Rogue by name, rogue by nature! Great to see another collector of the First Heretics - a force I'd definitely collect if I hadn't painted up so much red Blood Angels already.

Are your word bearers for 40k or horus heresy or both? It would be great to see them in the traitor astartes section of the site :D

Thank you very much for the warm welcome.

I'm painting them for 40k, but I'm quite lazy so they're still in varying stages of readiness. I'm still rather rusty so I probably won't be posting them any time soon, between that and my lack of a quality camera. 

Just out of interest though, what would you say is a good army build for a Word Bearers force? Lots of daemons, possessed and sorcerers I imagine!

No worries- - Personally I find sharing my progress is a great motivator to actually get things done - the various painting challenges on the board boost my productivity like nothing else!

I'm not the right person for WB builds - I play Thousand Sons and Iron Warriors, but the Chaos Section will have a lot of great input.

https://bolterandchainsword.com/forum/20-heretic-astartes/

From what I know, masters of possession are a great pick now, along with possessed which is a great, thematic start to a word bearers army. You can also now take up to 25% of your points as daemons without losing any army bonuses, so you can properly recreate the old daemon-bomb armies of old. 

54 minutes ago, Xenith said:

No worries- - Personally I find sharing my progress is a great motivator to actually get things done - the various painting challenges on the board boost my productivity like nothing else!

I'm not the right person for WB builds - I play Thousand Sons and Iron Warriors, but the Chaos Section will have a lot of great input.

https://bolterandchainsword.com/forum/20-heretic-astartes/

From what I know, masters of possession are a great pick now, along with possessed which is a great, thematic start to a word bearers army. You can also now take up to 25% of your points as daemons without losing any army bonuses, so you can properly recreate the old daemon-bomb armies of old. 

True, it would be the best course of action to get some advice. Maybe I will pluck up the courage, Pantheon willing. I'll enquire further from my fellow heretics certainly. Master of Possession is simply too cool of a name to not add to the army.