Kraken Kult: Building a GSC Army

brother_b

So I got the new kill team set with brood brothers and there’s quite a lot there in the form of bits!

I can see making another saboteur, as well as possibly a sniper Sanctus and knife Sanctus.

I may do just that for fun!

One more aberrant in a “speed paint” style, meaning just base coat, maybe couple highlights, grunge, and done. We’ll see how he turns out! Once I finish him I’m done with my first pledge for the challenge.

Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2024 at 8:48 AM, Zoatibix said:

Could the Kellermorph be useful for those single model or MSU that some folks like to use to grab objectives or do mission stuff?

That’s a good idea. He has an OC of one so can do actions. He could also counter MSU as you indicated. Would have to

roll hot against harder targets though.

I was also thinking of dropping him in with a group of neophytes as they drop in. He could lend his shooting ability and hopefully they could wipe whatever unit they target, freeing him to go back to “lone operative” status.

Edit:

My final aberrant for my first vow in the challenge! Vow #1 is now complete!

large.IMG_6990.jpeg.13a407e3bd4342516669

Edit #2: 

Finished my second vow. I’m probably going to go bigger for Vow #3 which will mean assembling, priming, airbrushing etc.

Not quite sure what I’ll do but probably vehicles, metamorphs, characters, and genestealers!

large.IMG_7009.jpeg.6b9ac885c8153331b65d

Edited by brother_b

• 2 weeks later...

Vow #3 is rolling along; five genestealers and a cult icon bearer were vowed. Here are the first two completed models of the vow.

large.IMG_7035.jpeg.c8bb5554ecdf234705e9

large.IMG_7055.jpeg.dc91e54f4385f3de722d

I have an idea to make the tentacles pop even more for my next model, but I do like the effect it’s passable for now. I also like the scheme and will try and replicate it going forward.

One of the other colors in my army was a dark red, I may try and incorporate that into some of the chitinous armor and claws on one of my upcoming Genestealers.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, INKS said:

Really great looking models. I love the aberants. I am always on the cusp of wanting to do an army of these guys, just because I like the models so much.

I agree 100%!

I think I have enough goodies saved to make 20-30 aberrants. After I complete a basic army, I may do that as an expansion.

I’m also considering the Las Vegas open next year, it would be a fun list to just mess around with in the friendly tournament or something like that.

The army is really cool but I’m weird about wanting to play with painted models so I don’t have any reps, and nothing with the new codex. Hopefully I can change that soon!