1000pts all around wolves list for local event

lonewolf81

Hey guys, i havent played for a long time and i have a game in the comming week so i made a list

Patrol

Whrilwind of rage - Born heroes

HQ

130 Chaplain (jumpack, master of sanctity, benediction of fury, imperium sword, mantra of strength, recitation of focus) warlord

115 Runepriest (jumpack, force stave, storm caller, murderous hurricane)

TROOPS

90 5x Greyhunters (stock)

ELITES

195 1xredemptor dread (macroplasma, onslaught gatling, icarus pod)

145 5xwulfen (4xhammer/shield, leader with claws)

FAST ATTACK

105 5xskyclaws (3xmelta)

HEAVY SUPPORT

75 3x eliminators (2xlas fusils, 1xcarbine for sergeant)

145 3xeradicators (2xmelta rifles, 1xmulti melta)

TACTIC

Eradicators outflank with cunning of the wolf. Eliminators (who shoot and hide with the carbine) and greyhunters guard base objectives. Other units go in the middle to face my opponent. Runepriest provides cover saves which stack with armour of contempt for all my moving force. 

Is this a list built on what you have?  I like the units you've included and they all generally do their task well.  One concern I would have is how to keep your mid-board units safe long enough to get to engaged to enemy, but that may not be a concern depending on what list your friend brings.  

Hey there... Thnx for feedback...

My concept is pretty much stack the army wide armour of contempt with stormcaller to give my army +1 to save, -1 AP and use ruins to stay out of LOS as much as i can and get into position in the middle. Turn 2 ill shoot meltas/charge with skyclaws buffed by the chaplain and outflank/shoot with eradicators luring my opponent. When my opponent tries to kill those ill counter charge his units with wulfen, redemptor and the characters. I am thinking of removing the 25 points jumpack of the runepriest to turn my greyhunters into autobolt intercessors and add a cyberwolf to my last fast attack slot. In that way i wont waste a 100pts unit in my backfield and the cyberwolf will do the base objective camping. 

Removing the jump pack to upgrade the Grey Hunters to Intercessors seems like a fair trade, and the rune priest should still be able to keep up to provide protection.  A Cyber Wolf is a handy objective camper.  The more I think about it the more I like the Redemptor in a counter charge roll,  and in the turns prior to him in combat his range output is still going to be effective.   Be sure to given a recap of the game and good luck!

Thnx...I will do.... My first opponent will be a drukhari list.....mmm...interesting first game :)
As secondaries i am leaning towards oath and glory kills cause i am expecting lots of raiders, ravagers, pain engines etc and for the third one ill probably go warrior pride. I was also thinking about warp ritual to camp the center and lure my opponent there to deny me my 12 VPs after 3 rituals but then ill cast no powers wit the runepriest :(  .

Edited by lonewolf81

• 3 weeks later...