Herald on Juggernaut size

Holier Than Thou

Hi everyone,

Am I right in thinking that the Herald from the mentioned kit is the same size as the Bloodletters from the standard Bloodcrushers kit? Heralds on foot are noticeably bigger than Bloodletters but I've just received the Herald on Juggernaut from eBay and the Herald seems to be the exact same size as the Bloodletters I have on my other Juggernauts. Does anyone else have this kit and can confirm it? It just seems weird that GW wouldn't make the Herald as big as all the other Heralds (Blood Throne, on foot, Forgeworld, etc)

Thanks,

If he's metal/finecast then he's the correct kit, if he's plastic you got ripped off.

Chaos Daemons became a separate 40k faction in 5th edition along with plastic daemonettes, bloodletters, soulgrinder and bloodcrushers. The Masque, Epidemus and Skulltaker were released in metal around the same time as was the metal herald on juggernaut. The 5th ed Chaos Daemons codex only has special character heralds and the juggernaut one.

I bought my plastic daemon prince shortly before 6th ed came out but he's not in the codex until 6th ed. By the 6th ed Daemons codex we have plastic nurgle and tzeentch daemons and the chariots but the greater daemons are still metal. Herald of Nurgle on foot is plastic and there's also a generic foot Khorne and Slaanesh heralds in metal. Metal Kairos also appears here but I'm sure I played against him in 5th ed. Only Tzeentch Heralds are the changeling and the Chariot one, not the finecast disc herald.

The metal foot herald was bigger than the plastic bloodletters but was a latter release.

So basically it seems like the Herald on Juggernaut is just the first citadel generic herald model ever made and predates any conventions. The FW heralds are probably older, I don't know.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Yeah, it’s fine cast so definitely official. It must be because it’s an older model that it’s smaller. Thanks for confirming. Might just put another foot Herald on top of a Juggernaut instead so all my Heralds are bigger than the troops.