Annihilation Legion

jaxom

It seems like a fun, narrative option for lots of Destroyer units and Flayed Ones. I also have some Skorpekh Destroyers from the Elite Getting Started box and I think they look cool. I was playing around on BattleScribe and maxing out a single Vanguard detachment, following the rule of three, nets 2460 points (or 115 PL) assuming one Skorpekh Lord and one Lokhust Lord with a Resurrection Orb for the HQ slots.

You'd have:

HQ

• Lokhust Lord w/Resurrection Orb
  • Skorpekh Lord

Elites

• 3x 20-Flayed Ones
  • 3x 6-Skorpekh Destroyers (4x Thresher, 2x Reap-blade)

Fast Attack

• 2x 6-Ophydian Destroyers (4x Thresher, 2x Reap-blade) 

Heavy Support

• 2x 7-Lokhust Destroyers (6x Destroyer, 1x Heavy Destroyer w/Gauss Destructor) 

2.5k is an unusual 40k battle size, and I was primarily thinking about this from a future Arks of Omen boarding actions perspective. I came up with the following 500 pt and 1000 pt lists:

500 pts

HQ

• Skorpekh Lord

Elites

• 1x 10-Flayed Ones
  • 3x 3-Skorpekh Destroyers (2x Thresher, 1x Reap-blade)

1000 pts

HQ

• Lokhust Lord w/Resurrection Orb
  • Skorpekh Lord

Elites

• 2x 10-Flayed Ones
  • 2x 6-Skorpekh Destroyers (4x Thresher, 2x Reap-blade)
  • 2x 3-Skorpekh Destroyers (2x Thresher, 1x Reap-blade)

I know ObSec Dynasty and Expansion Awakening are really hot right now, but they'd only apply to the Flayed Ones. So I was thinking either Nephrekh for guaranteed faster Flayed Ones who can move through terrain, or go custom and Rad for -1 Toughness when in combat with the Flayed Ones (plus something from Awakening). 

If you are doing the Army of Reknown, you give up any dynasty rules and use the AoR special rules. You also only use the AoR protocols, which occur like the old protocol rules (1 per round, 5 total, no always-on protocol).

I know the Destroyer Cult units lose Dynastic Code as part of Cult of Annihilation, but it seemed like Flayed Ones don't get Cult of Annihilation. I figured that meant the Flayed Ones do get Dynastic Code (but not Command Protocols because there's no normal HQ).