Original forge world wave serpent help please - missing door

jimbo1701

Hi all. 

mine of my ambitions has been to collect the original 3 forge world hybrid kits (wave serpent / firestorm / night spinner) which I now have. They all came from eBay and the wave serpent needed a bit of a refurb. 

I removed the resin rear section and hatch and stripped paint etc then reattached it as best I could with a bit of filler work. Not perfect but much better than before. I went to add the last piece (rear hatch) and realized I’d made a terrible error. 

I had assumed (fool) that the rear hatch was the same as all the other grab tank ones and that I could simply use a spare one. I had no tank nearby for comparison at the time and, unusually for me, I think I have thrown away the resin rear hatch rather than spend time refurbing it also. 

When the time came to add the last piece I went to put a standard falcon / serpent hatch on only to find that the hatch is a different dimension. The sides of the original hatch are much more equal in length than the hatch on every other kit. 

My dilemma is what to do from here. I can cut a piece of plasticard to fit the gap but it will be bland. Removing the resin hull and replacing with a standard serpent rear hull would be too problematic I feel. Getting ahold of a single rear hatch for the mk1 serpent would be near impossible. Does anyone have any ideas / know of an stl for this piece? 

Many thanks. 

jimbo 

Edited by jimbo1701

You could still use plasticard I think. Just cut the shape of the door twice, then use the second one to make the raised panels, and glue it onto the first. Some green stuff for the gems, and voila. Shouldn't be any more bland of a door than the door in your pic, yah?

5 hours ago, Urkh said:

You could still use plasticard I think. Just cut the shape of the door twice, then use the second one to make the raised panels, and glue it onto the first. Some green stuff for the gems, and voila. Shouldn't be any more bland of a door than the door in your pic, yah?

I think that will be my backup option if I can’t get ahold of a genuine. Will be quite an effort to get it to look good but with a sharp hobby knife and 2 layers  could give it a try. 

6762BF72-E734-4714-9935-CF7D05CFEC79.png

Or just use one card panel and get your hands on an panel cutting tool. I think they were originally for gundam kits and stuff, but they score a neat gouge in the card, that would achieve the look with less hassle. 

Green Stuff World: Hobby Line Engraver

https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/prod/hobby-accessories-paints/green-stuff-world-hobby-line-engraver?utm_source=Google+Shopping&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Google+Shopping