What do we need in 10:ed?

Ulfast

• 3 weeks later...

With the rumors pointing to a game shake-up and another wave index-style army books, I'm not really worried about the rules at present. Models however...

It's a given that the vast majority of us want a range expansion. However, I think it would be cool, fittting, and efficient for GW to expand sales further with the new plastic horus heresy range and just push some of the horus heresy kits(predator, land raider, rhino, etc.) to chaos and make a chaos and god specific upgrade sprue you could purchase seperately to modify any chasis.  Since GW has decided to migrate space marines to the primaris side of things to help differentiate them from chaos marines, how cool would it be if they had their new fancy grav vehicles, and chaos marines kept rocking daemon engines and some of the old heresy-era vehicles? Keep pushing the devide between chaos and space marines. 

• 7 months later...

Last post here was in February, huh?

Well then.

Experience with 10th ed and looking at our still very small unit roster has lead to Tzeentch beaming some more ideas into my brain stem to share here:

Firstly, as always, Psyker Dreadnought.
Probably not as simple as "Plastic Contemptor-Osiron Dreadnought in 40k", but as long as it has a Force weapon and Inferno Guns so it can use our Strats it should be good.

Next, Cultist Character.

Probably a "Group Character" like the Dark Commune is, but more specifically Tzeentchan in nature. Currently there's no way to target Cultists with our main strats as they lack Inferno Weapons or a Sorcerer, so a "Ritualist Cabal" or something to give the unit Strat compatibility and generate some Cabal points from it would be useful.

Next, in sort of the same vein as the Psyker Dread "easy option", we have Stealing units from Horus Heresy.

How come only the Frontline Infantry and the Sekhmet got Rubric'd?

The Khenetai Occult and Ammitara Occult are both Infantry Units that fill a niche we currently don't have, so give them a Post-Rubric Redesign, a Name Change like the Scarab Occult Terminators got (Jackal Occult Marines and Ibis Occult Marines or something) plus a Sorc leading the squad and we've got our Melee Assault and Sniper Units.

Also, more of a long shot, but a Numerologist with some Psy-Arcana Automata Bodyguards as a Techmarine Character would be neat.

Just give them a more 40k Design and you're golden.

Other than that, IDK, an actual Dragon?
We know there's literal Dragons flying about on Magnus's new Sorcerer planet and if GW are Dead-Set on forcing half our Army to come from AoS Disciples of Tzeentch we might as well get a Sorcerer on a Psychic Dragon.

I'd love another infantry kit of some kind, even if it isn't what we need. I really like how Thousand Sons infantry looks, the space marines of course. I don't mind the Tzaangors, but I want more real Thousand Sons kits.

A character riding a more Tzeencthian Heldrake would be awesome, evoking the Witch King somewhat, but that's on the crazier side of design.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Another idea, more of a "General" CSM thing, but would include TSons in it would be Traitor Legion Upgrade Packs, like how the Loyalist Legions had their Legion specific upgrades (and primaris versions thereof).

So moulded Paldrons, unique helmets (and unhelmeted options where applicable), thematic gribbly bits for detail, "posed" arms with either alternative weapon designs or just Legion specific accessories.

That sort of thing.

For a TSons specific upgrade pack, probably we'd get new stave heads, unhelmeted heads for our Sorcerers, moulded Icon shoulder pads and a bunch of scrolls, bottles and esoterica for detailing.

Maybe we'd also get an arm that's casting a spell or holding that teleporting crystal that's been an Enhancement/Relic in every edition so far.