EC General 3k list

Galron

Looking for an alternative painting project and I dont think I have ever painted purple armor in 32 + years of playing with miniatures. Kind of digging the vibe of preheresy EC and I already have the post heresy versions I am finishing up in bright pink, the way they should be.

Some of this list is purely because I love the models, some for semi-competitive play(read as: I dont feel like getting stomped every game).

3k No Row

Lucius without the lear blade + shrieker

+ a Pheonix Guard Terminator retinue with banner and augmentation(on the fence on this and I am not sure how they work rules wise in a squad+ IC situation)

+ A spartan and flare shield

Primus Medicae in Tartaros armor- I wish I could bring him in arty armor instead of having to convert one of the few tarts I have lying around. So if anyone knows a loophole allowing this let me know. 

Master of Signals

Troops-

2 10 man tacticals in a rhino. chain bayonets + powerfist and art armor on sgts

15 Assault marines with a power fist

Elites:

2 apothecaries

Contemptor with twin lascannon + havoc launcher

Lightning strike Fighter with Kraken missiles

Kakophoni x10

Sun Killers x8

I would like to throw in a squad of rotor cannon support dudes in a rhino for pinning before the charge kind of shenanigans but not sure what to pull out to do it. I df I drop the Lightning I dont think I will have enough anti-armor. The two basic apothecaries run with the kakophoni and Sun Killers while the Master of sigs goes with the Kakophoni as well. The Lucius, terminator bomb runs at threats and warlords in the Spartan. Hopefully with the high threat targets running around, they simply ignore the tactical and assault marines. 

Its a very obvious strategy but I am not seeing any real tricks that jump out at me. If I want a highly competitive list I can just bring my IW and phosphex them off the table I suppose. 

I'm not the most competitive player by all means so take this as you will!

Phoenix Guard are not very good. If you use any of the special stances (which you are paying points for ultimately) they either drop to WS4 or one attack, neither are good for elite terminators, and fundamentally they still have AP3 and a 5++. Against power fists they will suck. I genuinely think you're better off with regular Tartaros Command Squad, take power fists so when you charge they strike at initiative step 2, you've still got WS5 and Line but now you have S8 AP2, that's going to hurt (even with five dudes max vs ten max phoenix guard, I'd sooner take the power fists). This also means you can fit them in a Proteus, a lot cheaper but not a lot less tanky. 

Primus Medicae is fluffy (there's no reason he has to be in terminator armour btw if that's a rules question) but, I suggest, not very helpful in this case. If Lucius is your Warlord, that unit will get a free react a turn anyway. If their transport gets blown up and they face shooting, pop Evade for a 5+ shrouded. In combat, enemy power fists will ignore FNP anyway, anything less is likely not bypassing your armour so the FNP is a marginal gain. Taking an HQ purely for power axes/other midway cases is wasteful. Overall a waste to me.

Master of Signals - is this for the +1BS or the reserves shenanigans? If it's a bit of both then fair enough, but to be brutally honest I don't think he is worth it on a unit that will implode (even with an Apothecary which is a good choice). The return you get on that +1BS is just going to vanish. Again I'd save points here. If you really want BS5 take a techmarine as your Elites slots aren't full anyway. 

Everything else looks really good. With the points you've saved there you're probably down to 2500pts or even lower (presuming you had ten phoenix guard?). Consider doubling up on the lightning strike fighter or maybe a pair of lascannon javelins, or even more Dreadnoughts.

Edited by Brother Kraskor

They are too cool looking of models not to include so I rearranged my list quite a bit. Pretty easy to do since I havent bought or printed the special units yet.

Tartaros Praetor with paragon blade, sonic shriekers and combi-disintegrator- using the awesome new bird faced tartaros mini

retinue- 4 phoenix guard with banner

riding in a Land Raider

2 apothecaries one with kakaphony, one with Sun Killers

Tech marine with the augury scanner, cognis signum

Contemptor with twin lascannon and fist + havok

Cataphracti x 6 thunder hammer, 2 chain fists, 4 power axes

2 10 man tac squads in rhinos power fist

13 man assault squad with power fist and sonic shriekers

7 man Tac Support squad with Rotor Cannons in a rhino

10 man bare bones tac squad

Lightning Strike Fighter with Kraken missiles

10 man Kakaphoni

9 man Sunkillers with lascannons

Gives me a bunch more dudes. I can and might drop the bare tac squad and add in assault marines and/or extra terminators