How to give Chaos Marines Mark of <Insert Patron Chaos Deity>

hd3

The guide I was looking at for my next build called for a squad of havocs with 4 lascannons and a mark of slaanesh. Is the mark of slaanesh a physical model part you have to get and add? Or do I just call it and say this one has the mark of slaanesh? Also, does anyone know how many lascannons are in a single box of havoc marines? Thank you!

There's nothing I'm aware of for modeling the Mark of Slaanesh on any of the Chaos kits. I normally just say it has it when building the list, as many times I might change it up depending on what I want to do.

You get two lascannons per box of Havocs, you can check the sprues on the GW web store.

A mark generally applies to the Marine that's in the armour, rather than any particular modelling part. For a mark of Slaneesh it might be a moving symbol on their skin, or they exude a particularly distracting musk, have hypnotising lidless eyes etc etc. So in modelling terms - nothing is required, just add as an option when list building. If you want to, and that squad is likely always going to have that mark you can hint to it in the paintjob, e.g. using a spot colour associated with that god (pink or purple for Slaanesh); or e.g. for Nurgle you could add some corrosion and weeping pus etc.

The Chosen kit includes a set of small chaos icons, and a chaos star to mount them on that is intended to go on a backpack. One icon for each of the big four.

And I believe there's two of each gun except the chaincannon, of which there's one per box.

Edited by Kaiju Soze

For 20 years I've been doing as Arkhanist and Wrath of the Lion suggest. I just tell my opponent that a unit has the mark of... No one has ever objected.

However, last month I completed 3 Night Lords with marks.

I used the old god-specific marks from the 2002 plastic CSM kit. If you really wanted, you could probably find these bits somewhere. But they are by no means necessary.image.thumb.png.6043ffdb9712201f801b58e04d5461c9.png

On 11/5/2022 at 4:21 AM, hd3 said:

thanks! Can the marine with mark of slaanesh have a lascannon? the list I was following only said 4 lascannons and mark of slaanesh but i saw a sale of 5 havocs with lascannons that would be perfect

Technically, the entire squad has the mark, its up to if you want to represent it on every model or not (Havocs can't take an icon, which is the upgrade that would go on a specific miniature).

Havocs cap out at 4 heavy weapon models and 1 champion. The champion cannot have a heavy weapon.

6 hours ago, Kaiju Soze said:

Technically, the entire squad has the mark, its up to if you want to represent it on every model or not (Havocs can't take an icon, which is the upgrade that would go on a specific miniature).

Havocs cap out at 4 heavy weapon models and 1 champion. The champion cannot have a heavy weapon.

ah ok great, i'll give that one a slaanesh decal then. is the champion included in the squad box?