Dark Angels for a new Initiate

I changed my mind from Night Lord's and decided to start building a Dark Angels army.  I love the Deathwing Companions and the Corswain modthl so I know I want to include them in my army for sure, there might be more Campanions in my list than is ideal, but the models look so awesome I couldn't just run a handful.  Aside from all that, what is a cool unit or model I should include?  I was thinking Plasma Press for cool factor (and anti-tank) and some autocannon Contemptors and some Order of the Broken Claws Inner Circle Knights.  Are there any other cool Dark Angels units, or standard units, I should consider too?

Edited by Mike8404

51 minutes ago, Brother Kraskor said:

Corswain nearly tempted me over the fence too!

I think you can lean into the warcimes with DA, they are suspicious guys. Plasma & phosphex, why not? 

That's a great idea! and there are a lot of modeling opportunities with Destoryers too 

They’re the oldest legion, why not give them the properly exotic stuff that they had at the beginning of the Crusade? Conversion Beamers, Volkite, Plasma. Think energy over kinetic.

Sounds like you’re interested in running a Dreadwing list? Welcome to the book club, this week is the Geneva Convention and how we can adapt it to commit better war crimes against all life.

Interemptors are an absolute blast to use from the games I’ve played. They can absolutely punish somebody blobbing terminators or elite infantry if placed correctly, honour your oath to turn all traitors into plasma-flamed ash piles