New Deamon Prince Sprues

Brother Paint

4 hours ago, SanguinaryGuardsman said:

Does the 40k version come with the new Slaves to Darkness box?

Yes, the new kit comes with options for making a Daemon Prince for 40k:

This box contains a Daemon Prince with a dizzying variety of options,*

* Yes, including components for Warhammer 40,000.

From https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/31/the-slaves-to-darkness-prepare-to-unleash-chaos-on-the-mortal-realms/

So for the time being that army box will be the only place to get the new kit, but it'll be released separately later (as is GW's usual practice now). 

I wonder why they do keep on pulling of this kind of bull, it only annoys a chunk of the customer base, and they will never ever give us a estimate when we will get the daemon prince. Hopefully we won't have to wait as long for it as we have for the Master of Possession.

And a question for you Aussies. Does a gaming community even exist down there? Those prices are insane,

I still find it hilarious that they modeled the new Daemon Prince with an optional warp-forged bolter/ranged weapon when they can only take melee options. Rules writers and model developers weren't talking I guess.

3 hours ago, Cpt.Danjou said:

And a question for you Aussies. Does a gaming community even exist down there? Those prices are insane,

Hell yeah the gaming community exists. It's a smaller scale than the US and UK simply by virtue of population, but here in Sydney at least there are good-sized tournaments every few weeks, and I usually get a game in with our local group every week. I have three GW stores within a 20-ish minute drive, too, if I'm desperate for a game.

As for pricing, how much is an army box where you're from? Bearing in mind that our list prices are always tax-inclusive (10% VAT) by law, so unlike the US there are no extra charges at checkout (other than shipping).

It's New Zealand that gets the short end of the stick. Their VAT is a little higher (15% IIRC), but this army box is NZ$400 which is a good 10% or so higher, after currency conversion.

2 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

I still find it hilarious that they modeled the new Daemon Prince with an optional warp-forged bolter/ranged weapon when they can only take melee options. Rules writers and model developers weren't talking I guess.

We'll be getting a new datasheet:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/04/revealed-the-all-new-daemon-prince-spreads-his-wings-in-warhammer-40000/

No doubt it'll be the same as the current datasheet, but with a shooting attack.

Edited by Cheex

12 minutes ago, Cheex said:

As for pricing, how much is an army box where you're from? Bearing in mind that our list prices are always tax-inclusive (10% VAT) by law, so unlike the US there are no extra charges at checkout (other than shipping).

The same box wold cost me 197, 97 $Aus with todays rate, from my FLGS.  That is in Sweden btw

10 hours ago, Cpt.Danjou said:

I wonder why they do keep on pulling of this kind of bull, it only annoys a chunk of the customer base, and they will never ever give us a estimate when we will get the daemon prince. Hopefully we won't have to wait as long for it as we have for the Master of Possession.

They do it to sell more product at higher prices.  I wish GW had more competition like when xwing was really popular.  ATM they dont face much market discipline so we get subjected to unethical business practices.  

6 hours ago, Cpt.Danjou said:

The same box wold cost me 197, 97 $Aus with todays rate, from my FLGS.  That is in Sweden btw

I've got no counter to this, Sweden is basically a utopia in my mind at this point.

Though if we want to compare apples to apples, the best discount LGS here has it for $268 including shipping, so at least that closes the gap somewhat.

Edited by Cheex

6 hours ago, SanguinaryGuardsman said:

I wish GW had more competition like when xwing was really popular.

Unfortunately Asmodee (the massive company that bought FFG) decided to punt X-wing and all their other Star Wars miniature games from FFG (which was doing a good job and had a lot of community involvement/support) to Atomic Mass Games, another owned sub-company that put out Marvel Crisis Protocol and is now their "miniatures" game division. FFG has been tasked with specifically CCGs and RPGs, while AMG is supposed to be the miniatures games division. Main problem, Asmodee decided this at the beginning of COVID (not their fault, just bad coincidence) and AMG was definitely not ready to run four miniature games at once (MCP and the Star Wars games X-wing, Legion, and Armada). So for the last two years there has been very little communication from AMG, which is decidedly different from FFG's official forums with developer notes/lots of community interaction, no game updates for Armada/Legion really and very little for X-wing, and not many new expansions that weren't already known (Mandalorian tie-ins, etc...). All the while MCP has been putting out quite a lot of content, making a distinct impression that all Star Wars games are now an afterthought. The combination of that second-tier status perception and COVID hitting X-wing different than 40k (lockdowns giving people time to paint/make armies, where X-wing that isn't necessary and gaming is paramount), means that the X-wing population has dropped dramatically- seen in both my local scene and across the game according to the X-wing sub-reddit.

I will say that AMG is now at least trying to recover- they've updated some things and have been working on doing official tournament support, but it might be too late to recapture the market share they once had and be a real competitor against 40k. It's unfortunate, as I think that FFG's tenure of X-wing pushed GW to do a lot, from being more open with players, to the quarterly dataslates/points adjustments, to starting up official tournaments again. Unless they have that sort of competition, I don't think GW really has any desire to really change or improve on their business model/customer interactions- they will just continue on the way they have been going.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:25 AM, Iron Father Ferrum said:

Way to think it through, GW.  You'd think they'd just have one set of instructions with both systems shown...

And no doubt in the standalone release they will, but in this instance it (the army set) is an Age of Sigmar specific product so the build instructions reflect that. I don't think it's particularly an issue, and I say this as someone with the kit in hand currently trying to build it with the 40k components.