Of Reavers and Jump Packs

Just getting back in to HH, and I've been trying to track down more information about the jump pack less reavers in the Liber Hereticus Sons of Horus section. All I can find are a couple of Reddit posts from back in July and August lamenting the change. Does anybody think that a FAQ is coming with jump packs? Like many a Sons of Horus player/ collector, I dutifully stripped the jump packs off of sanguinary guard and glued them onto my reavers... should I tear them off again and repaint the backs of the models (such a shame, but I'm a firmly WYSIWYG guy), or do I hopefully wait for some word from on high that jump packs are an option again? Thanks.

I think you want the 'Reaver Aggressor Squad', page 91 of the Expanded Units in the 'Legacies of the Age of Darkness' pdf.  These are official rules, although it seems some events are excluding them. Given their existence, I would not expect any FAQ to give the squad in Liber Hereticus the option.

15 hours ago, LameBeard said:

I think you want the 'Reaver Aggressor Squad', page 91 of the Expanded Units in the 'Legacies of the Age of Darkness' pdf.  These are official rules, although it seems some events are excluding them. Given their existence, I would not expect any FAQ to give the squad in Liber Hereticus the option.

Correct, separate unit entires for separate "defining" equipment (Like 40k) is the new norm for 2.0 now like LameBeard said.

As well. Since the majority of folks I personally know had their reavers modeled/magnetized for Volkite/Banestrike (myself included) and that's magically now not possible, everybody's been house-ruling that they can still take banestrike or chargers for 2pts per model in my circles. Since that's what the equipment costs for everyone else. (Breachers, vets, etc...)

Edited by Dark Legionnare

19 hours ago, sarabando said:

the reavers first introduction in Horus rising is them jetpacking into the throne room and now they cant XD

Standard modern GW mode of operations.

Honestly Horus Heressy is about narrative and fun gaming. I know enough fan PDFs that throw in even the kitchen sink, just so that it is playable.

Ofc not everything works for every event, but in general small gaming groups shouldn't have a problem.