Smash captain

blacksnapt

Much of the stratagem support for Smash Captains has been removed.  They're not even remotely as good as they were in 8th.

Right now Marines are leaning hard on Dreadnoughts and Phobos redeployment tricks.

If you are still set on making a smash type hero, the same loadout as before is optimal.  Either a Hammer or the Teeth of Terra for a main weapon.

I'm using a Thunder Hammer and Vengeance of Ultramar Paragon of War Captain - on a Bike!

He's there to cause problems where I need him and always a threat with that Damage 3 weapon. Of course, his first outing resulted in not getting a single 6 over 3 turns before failing to hit with 4 of his attacks against a unit he charged and being killed.

But dice gods gonna dice gods.

Its for smaller games i was thinking of a Smash captain with a jet pack, either teeth of terra, burning blade or thunder hammer and a Shield... Got to undo my jet pack captain from back in the day with teeth of terra and powerfist.

Right now im thinking of Smash captain with some vanguard vets with lightning claws