Need help getting to know my enemy.

Derpcron

Hi.

I would like to have some info on my oponents in an upcoming local store tournament.

Can you guys give me tips on which units are the most dangerous and should be focused by me.

What are the most dangerous combo's they can do?

For example use stratagem to move away from combat, resulting in my unit not being able to fight if i fight another unit first.

Or character/unit combo's.

Thanks in advance!

List:

BATTALION DETACHMENT: SPACE MARINES (SPACE WOLVES) [1500] {3CP}

HQ - Captain [6 PL, -2CP, 120pts]: Jump Pack, Master-crafted boltgun, Relic blade, Rites of War, Stratagem: Relic, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, The Armour of Russ, Warlord

HQ - Librarian [6 PL, -1CP, 120pts]: 2. Murderous Hurricane, 5. Storm Caller, Force axe, Jump Pack, Plasma pistol, Stratagem: Relic of the Chapter, The Wulfen Stone

TROOPS - Blood Claws [6 PL, 95pts] . 3x Blood Claw: 3x Astartes Chainsword, 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Frag & Krak grenades . Blood Claw Pack Leader: Astartes Chainsword . Blood Claw with Plasma Pistol: Plasma pistol

TROOPS - Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Bolt rifle . 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades . Intercessor Sergeant: Astartes Chainsword

TROOPS - Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Bolt rifle . 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades . Intercessor Sergeant: Astartes Chainsword ELITES - Wolf Guard [7 PL, 180pts]: Jump Pack . 4x Wolf Guard: Plasma pistol, Power fist . Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Plasma pistol, Power fist

ELITES - Wolf Guard Wolf Guard [7 PL, 155pts]: Jump Pack . 4x Wolf Guard: Lightning Claw, Storm bolter . Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Lightning Claw, Storm bolter

ELITES - Wulfen [6 PL, 145pts] . Wulfen Pack Leader: Wulfen Frost claws . 4x Wulfen w/ thunder hammer & storm shield: 4x Storm Shield, 4x Thunder Hammer

FAST ATTACK - Skyclaws [6 PL, 90pts] . 4x Skyclaw . Skyclaw Pack Leader: Plasma pistol, Power sword

FAST ATTACK - Skyclaws [6 PL, 95pts] . 4x Skyclaw . Skyclaw Pack Leader: Plasma pistol, Power fist

FAST ATTACK - Thunderwolf Cavalry [14 PL, 300pts] . 4x Thunderwolf Cavalry: Storm shield, Thunder hammer . Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Edited by Derpcron
Layout

This list is very odd to me based on unit upgrades as I'm not a fan of plasma pistols at all.  It's not STATs or tricks that I would worry about.  It's that he will have a ton of attacks and get to use them quickly in cc when he can not be shot at anymore.   

The wuflen, jumpack wolfguard and thuderwolves are the most dangerous elements, and he will likely be in your face no later than turn 2 with them.  His Rune Priest with Jumppack is a good pick.  Captain is weirdly build for a Space Wolf.  The Skyclaws and Bloodclaws will be taking objectives mid-table and can if needed fight above their weight.    

What are you bringing?  If you are playing a shooty list screen out and stay out of combat with your killing MEQ efficient firepower.  If you have a combat list weaken the above mentioned threats before you engage them and punch it out.  If you have a mix style list use the shooting to soften them up and then combat to hold them in place for as long as you can which unfortunately may be for just a turn.  As said before he will hit you like a train in cc, but looking at the list he brought the shooting that really isn't good so they will just be objective takers so it may be worth killing them off to make his cc need to hold objectives instead.  

Go discuss possible tactics down in the Necrons section then.  You should not be spamming this kind of Tactics request amongst all the other forums because you are attempting to get a leg up on your tournament opponents by having other people instruct you on how to play the game.