Need help getting to know my enemy.

Derpcron

Hi.

I would like to have some info on my oponents in an upcoming local store tournament.

Can you guys give me tips on which units are the most dangerous and should be focused by me.

What are the most dangerous combo's they can do?

For example use stratagem to move away from combat, resulting in my unit not being able to fight if i fight another unit first.

Or character/unit combo's.

Thanks in advance!

List:

PATROL DETACHMENT: TYRANIDS (Jormungandr - Tunnel networks, hyper-adaptation: Territorial Instincts) [1500] {1CP}

HQ - Hive Tyrant: lash whip and monstrous bonesword, heavy venom cannon, Catalyst, Onslaught, relic: shardgullet (-1CP) WARLORD [195]

HQ - Neurothrope: Catalyst, Onslaught [100]

TROOPS - 3 Tyranid Warriors: 3 dual boneswords, 2 deathspitters, venom cannon [95]

ELITES - 3 Tyrant Guard: 3 lash whip and bone cleavers, 3 doulbe rending claws [120]

ELITES - 3 Zoanthropes: Neuroparasite [150]

HEAVY SUPPORT - 2 Biovores [90]

HEAVY SUPPORT - Exocrine: Adaptive Physiology: Voracious Ammunition [215] FLYER - Harpy: 2 heavy venom cannons, Adaptive Physiology: Dermic Symbiosis [230]

PATROL DETACHMENT: TYRANIDS (Jormungandr - Tunnel networks, hyper-adaptation: Territorial Instincts)

HQ - Winged Hive Tyrant: lash whip and monstrous bonesword, Paroxysm, Psychic Scream relic: the Reaper of Obliterax (-1CP), warlord trait: Adaptive Biology (-1CP) [210]

TROOPS - 3 Tyranid Warriors: 3 dual boneswords, 2 deathspitters, venom cannon [95]

Edited by Derpcron
Layout

depending on how your opponent plays and your army yourself but...

the winged hive tyrant will be the big melee threat. reaper on it is awsome sauce event with its nerf it inflicts mortal wounds on top of damage which cant be ignored(no fnp) they will likely use the walkrant as their warlord. killing this will prevent access to imperatives and reduce army potential but is not easy, 2+4++ 12 wounds t8 and with ability to heal you need to be able to commit enough to make sure it dies if you do fire at it. shardgullt also means it can relatively safely do significant damage to tanks 3x str 15 d5 ap5. on and the tyrant guard will be able to protect either or both if in range of them.. probably worth ignoring. the neurothrope and zoans are going to be bashing out a lot of mortal wounds at mid range. inv saves but no shooting other than powers and very little cc ability. neuro can also heal itself or the zoans fyi... 

warriors and guard. small units but can hit hard in cc but not the big threats in this particular army. 

biovore - sporemins for more mortals. not hard to kill but spawning a group of sporemines each turn which inflict mortals if they get close enough...

exocrine- will be doing the ranged workload but is touch to shift. can ignore cover easily and gain explofing on its shot count of 6+d3 blast, plus the extra mortals its voracious ammo inflict t8 2+ and iirc 15 wounds. bad at cc though. 

also iirc those monsters are obsec. they will have few cp to start but dont overly need it. i wouldnt rely on bracketing but focus on killing so thyey cant heal