Drop pod force at this point in 9th

Galron

We know all transports are incredibly over priced so lets ignore that for the moment. Swapping back and forth between 30k and 40k and looking at how poorly priced our 40k transports are compared to the 30k counterparts will make one's eyes roll.

Is there any viability to a 3 or 4 drop pod force supported by terminators? Or no terms and go all in on PA?

Methodology- drop and pour on fire? Drop and charge? Hold back for massive drop attack combined with terms?

What chapter rules benefit them the most? I tend to run marines more for paint schemes and worry about what rules I am going to use later. 

Imperial Fists seem like a good dakka pod list chapter

Blood angels OR Hungry for battle trait 

Mix of both styles with bolter fulisades and Hungry for battle

What units?

Tac marines to fill the troop slots either with a grav or multi-melta or a plasma or melta gun depending

Sternguard- great shooting unit

Devastators- long range heavy hitters, but are they  even needed?

Here is a test list I came up with more to illustrate the point 

This list is using Imperial fists in mind but is agnostic overall

Captain in term armor Deep striking in

Chaplain with Catechism of fire Rides in Drop pod #!

LT- babysits the dev squads (His inclusion is questionable since so many things now dont allow rerolls to wound.)

Tac squad x5 with heavy weapon  Rides in Drop pod #3

Tac squad x5 with special weapon + combi on sgt  Rides in Drop pod #2

Tac squad x5 with heavy weapon Rides in Drop pod #3

Apothecary with selfless healer, Rides in drop pod#1

Sternguard x7 ride in Drop pod #1

Sternguard x5 bare ride in Drop pod #2

Terminators x10 with 2 chainfists and 2 Assault cannons- Deep striking in

Assault squad x6 with power fist(objective monkeys)

Dev Squad- 2 ML+ 2 Lascannon

Dev Squad- 2 ML+ 2 Lascannon

My thought process: T1 DPs#2 and 3 drop in on flank objectives whereever the opponent seems to be massing for a close range fight. Or if the opponent is using token units as scoring units dropping to take them out individually. Assault squad stays out of site and does actions while the Devs shoot important things from cover. 

T2: Terms and DP#1 drop relatively center and try and take and hold it. 

The assault version I suppose can work similarly, just sub out the Devs and LT for Vanguard vets and another action monkey assault squad for a bigger T2 wave, need to keep T1 units safe however as the only dudes on the board they can be overwhelmed pretty easily. Not sure what chapter this would work for though. I know Blood Angels could do it very well(but in my case I already have 2 BA armies so I would like something a bit different). There is also no one holding the home objective so one of the Tac squads would have to go do that, so maybe one of the two heavy weapon squads with a lascannon.

I am a big fan of the 6 man assault squad. They are cheap, fast, can do objectives fairly well, and can hold their own against normal other token objective grabbers like cultists and kroot hounds. 

Drop pods do work as a mechanic, but you need to be wary of what you're transporting and make sure it's worth it.

I'm wary of how much your proposed list relies on bolters. They haven't been great for me this edition. Even the sternguard are 1 damage, and likely to have half their ap2 ignored.

Back when DE got released there was some talk over on the BT forum over this idea or a similar list and one thing that came up was that Infiltration was needed to screen enemy units from your potential LZs otherwise you can just get pushed back to your DZ by a faster army or enemy infiltrators and you just become a slow footslogging army, so consider some Phobos units.

As Blade of Sigismund says this list has too many bolters, maybe some combiweapons for the sternguard or swapping them for company veterans with special weapons, I think you want a big punch once your DP arrives and bolters ain't it imo.