Are we finally getting some love from GW?

XeonDragon

To be honest, even though I'm not a RG player, I think the box is ok (for me). The Reivers are meh, but the warsuits are good and I even though I have a Phobos Librarian another isn't bad- the model is ripe for conversions (I have one converted as a Phobos captain already). With Shrike, I could always make him a Reiver LT...

Edited by Lord_Ikka
I can't spell

33 minutes ago, duz_ said:

Or you could become one of us :yes::woot:

Currently I'm running the Riven as Ultramarines, because I'm getting my Primaris mostly from the Imperium sub, but they could always go to the darker edge of the Imperial marines...

I got excited until I realized they were reivers and not incursors.

Just use the bodies for more eliminator conversions. Need Las Fulisil? There you go, still have the sniper rifles, there you go! The knives are great tactical squad/intercessor squad conversion pieces.

This box is definitely one of the worst to pick up for starting RG players. Maybe they will change the rules to the grappling hooks and grav shoots to just make them jump infantry. 

10 hours ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

This box is definitely one of the worst to pick up for starting RG players. Maybe they will change the rules to the grappling hooks and grav shoots to just make them jump infantry. 

I've had this thought as well. Same with the Lieutenant in Reiver Armour... his troops get grav shutes, but he doesn't? I'd love them to either be jump troops, but I think we'll see primaris jump assault squads before that happens. 

I was thinking of just using the bodies, then adding Raven Guard MKVI Heads and some incursor backpacks and comms array. I think that would lead groovy. 

I bought the Shieldbreaker set last year as my way (back) into the hobby and planned to go RG in 40K but got distracted by Kill Team.

This would take me up to a sizeable force, especially if I added a couple of vehicles. 

I'm thinking I could use some of the Reiver models to fill out my Moroch KT roster.

Note: I didn't really progress as I realised that I'd never actually get to play 40K proper but I do like the RG so this would just be for fun.