Are mixed daemon lists functional now?

bozo69pd

So I don't have enough money now to buy a full khorne army... and I plan on getting world eaters eventually anyways.

I would like to get skarbrand, I have 1 box of pink horrors, 1 box of blue horrors, 1 box of screamers, burning chariot, 2 heralds of tzeentch, herald of nurgle, 20 pbs, 12 nurglings, soul grinder, all led by belakor (old model)  What stands a chance at next months 1500 tourney? What units are doing work against my most hated Eldar foe?

Right now if you look at diffrent tournaments and the chaos daemons it seems almost all build armies that is mixed. So I think it´s nothing wrong to go that way. I´m a bit stubborn and play mono Tzeentch. :) When it comes to eldar I think flamer si a good chose but also fast screamers.

1 hour ago, Progenitor said:

The only real penalty you get with mixing Gods now is that you won't get the God specific Warp Storm effects but other than that, soup the Gods to your heart's content! 

I've read that stated by more than one person and I've reread the appropriate section more than once, and couldn't find anything saying you don't get the specific god warp storm effects if you weren't purely that allegiance.  From my read of it, provided you are an all Codex: Demon army, you get access to all of them - though, since the various allegiance specific effects are limited to affecting units of that allegiance, you are likely getting less benefit from them.

You need a detachment to unlock the god specific warp storm abilities. So if you have 3 detachments, one mixed tzeentch/slaanesh, one pure nurgle one pure khorne you can use Khorne and Nurgle ones but your tzeentch and slaanesh units can only benefit from the undivided ones.

Used to be you could argue that with Be'lakor in a Supreme Command you had a pure detachment of all four gods but the errata says nope.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Warp Storm points can be spent during that battle round on the Warp Storm effects listed below and each will specify when it can be used. These include a series of effects themed around each of the four Dark Gods, which can be used if your army contains a detachment dedicated to the appropriate Dark God.

[...]

If your army includes any LEGIONES DAEMONICA Detachments (excluding Auxiliary Support, Super-heavy Auxiliary, Supreme Command or Fortification Network Detachments) in which every unit has the KHORNE keyword, you have access to the following Khorne Warp Storm effects, and can spend Warp Storm points to use them.

And so on for the other gods.

I mean...I guess you could argue that the rules don't say those Warp Storm effects can only be used if your army contains a relevant detachment, but the intent seems pretty clear to me.

Edited by Cheex

Yeah, I went and rechecked the codex, and that was definitely the language I was missing., so my take on it is now the same as your's and Closet Skeleton's.  I take it you always get the undivided warp storm effects, even if all your detachments are dedicated to one alegiance or another?

On 11/11/2022 at 5:21 PM, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Yeah, I went and rechecked the codex, and that was definitely the language I was missing., so my take on it is now the same as your's and Closet Skeleton's.  I take it you always get the undivided warp storm effects, even if all your detachments are dedicated to one alegiance or another?

Well, there's no definition anywhere of the term "Undivided". It also doesn't fall under the phrasing of "effects themed around each of the dark gods" and it lacks the paragraph that each of the gods have.

2 hours ago, Cheex said:

Or cried when your invulnerable saves were reduced by one :sad:

I always hunkered down and went into hiding that turn. I often spammed demon prince's and soul grinders so the armor saves or front and side vehicle armor were thick anyways. I should really just continue playing 6th edition lol.