Salamanders Relic Contemptor Dreadnought fluff question

IcarusPAnybody

I have a couple of Relic Contemptor Dreadnoughts I'll be using, but I've come across an issue: I intended to paint them as 4th company, and I've got some brass etch that I've fit on them for squad and chapter markings, but there's a problem: the 4th company emblem is green, so the chapter marking will be muted with the standard green colour scheme. Is there any fluff justification for relics like these to be in the 1st company instead? They usually get all the best stuff, and it's not a matter of choosing another company, because I also field Bray'arth Ashmantle as a character, who was originally in the 4th company.

Depends what you mean by standard green. The more "modern" Sallie green is quite bright so would pop well next to black. If your green is closer to 3rd ed / 30K Sallies green then yes it won't show up as well. End of the day your army your fluff, personal heraldry is a thing and Sallies are all meant to be skilled craftsmen at the end of the day. So having something unique on a relic / respected warrior isn't out of left field so go crazy. Just as long as you post progress!