Horus Heresy Army Builder Apps?

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Just battlescribe afaik? At least its being developed.

Yeah, for now you need Battlescribe (and the data is still in progress), or one of its derivatives like newrecruit.eu

We have several people in the Rosterizer beta working on HH data ingestion, but that's not useful until we're out of closed beta so... see above. :)

Battlescribe is sufficient but not always correct.  Good enough for playing around with ideas on your phone which is fine for me.

Addendum: it is worth noting that the load times are miles better for the new rule set.  So if that was something putting you off, I'd suggest giving it a second chance

Edited by SlickSamos

On 11/27/2022 at 4:58 PM, Varyn said:

I think Quartermaster is the best option, although it is IOS only 

I tried using Quartermaster, noticed that the points for chaplains were wrong and didn’t have the patience to go through and double check everything, so I’ve been using BattleScribe ever since and it works fine. Not always the most intuitive interface, but it seems accurate at least!

19 minutes ago, General Zodd said:

I tried using Quartermaster, noticed that the points for chaplains were wrong and didn’t have the patience to go through and double check everything, so I’ve been using BattleScribe ever since and it works fine. Not always the most intuitive interface, but it seems accurate at least!

Agree.

It isn't a rulebook though and shouldn't be used like that. But it does a decent job on creating army lists. 

On 11/27/2022 at 4:58 PM, Varyn said:

I think Quartermaster is the best option, although it is IOS only 

I tried to keep with Quartermaster, as it UI was more my taste but it was buggy and incorrect too often. So ended up with Battlescribe and it's weird UI choices.

Has Quartermaster gotten more stable?

4 hours ago, General Zodd said:

I tried using Quartermaster, noticed that the points for chaplains were wrong and didn’t have the patience to go through and double check everything

Be aware that there are still points errors in Battlescribe (Whirlwind most outstanding example), not everything is listed in some lists and RoW mostly still in WIP.  Also worth keeping in mind all of this praise for Battlescribe is focused around the Space Marines rather than the other factions...

4 hours ago, Gorgoff said:

It isn't a rulebook though and shouldn't be used like that

This

Essentially you are creating your own fork of the data file. Give it a new name so you know it's your version. Save a copy somewhere other than the folder that BS uses for data, so that if you do download new data from a repository it won't overwrite your only copy of your changes. I was doing this on a PC where file management is much easier than on a mobile device.

Beware you might fall down the rabbit hole and start editing the data to only contain models you own, or changing how upgrades are presented because you think you've found a better way.

I started my Heresy journey thanks to Battlescribe. I did not have the book by that time (~2013) and scrolling to what I could read was really tedious. I made a ton of dream lists out of that tool but by the end of HHv1 it was becoming slow. I guess due to the sheer amount of rules and stats to load.

Now, 10 years later Horus Heresy is translated in french and so I enjoy reading the book! I may try Battlescribe again but really haven't felt the need yet. Is it faster with the v2 data ?

On 11/22/2022 at 10:16 AM, Noserenda said:

Just battlescribe afaik? At least its being developed.

Back when I posted this, BS was in limbo or had been in limbo, and there was no volunteer updates for HH 2.0. There is now, but it still has loads of problems and wrong rules.