Needed: size comp, tyrant & carnifex torso

Mandzak-Miniatures

I think it depends on whether you want the model to be more upright, or leaning forwards, and how much conversion work you're willing to do! The sockets for the waist and head on the carnifex really push it into the leaning forward pose. Chimney position will also be different. 

Gut reaction was that the carnifex torso was a lot bigger than the tyrant one, so I'm surprised by those numbers from MM.

There will definitely be sculpting. The vents will be removed. If I use the carnifex torso it will most likely be flipped to be used vertically and the back plates made to switch directions.

The main thing I’m worried about the head looking right for the width of the torso.

I’m just combining a tyranid torso with an arachnarok spider. Attached os a janky pp mock up with things I found online and measurement of the face with mandibles.

D7B4898B-4020-4997-9101-5F933E2C0414.png

D7D5CAC8-7316-4C3D-9A6C-602F22A468EF.jpeg

Gut instinct is that the HT torso may be better for the centaur spider

I think with the fex torso, if you're making it more upright, you'll have issues with this part clashing with whatever you attach it to, and a lot of work will be cutting it down to the size and dimensions of the HT torso.

image.png.5d56569067e2b7a6c81b557b15a0475e.png

I’m not worried about chopping off back plates and sculpting. Originally I thought of using the carifex and flipping the torso, then remaking the plates go in the correct direction. No smoke stacks lol.

Then I considered the tyrant because it’s body was already more vertical but wasn’t sure how big it was compared to the carnifex.

Part of why it matters is because the spider head is already quite large not counting the crest I want to add