How do "give certain rule" warlord traits work if the unit is join by a character

Maybe Omegon

1 minute ago, Maybe Omegon said:

Hey i was trying to figure out if i could infiltrate dylant with his warlord trait along a unit, anybpdy haves any idea if that would be legal?

Sorry not dylant, i meant Dynat, i dont know if he and his command squad would count as 2 separate units, 

3 minutes ago, Maybe Omegon said:

Hey i was trying to figure out if i could infiltrate dylant with his warlord trait along a unit, anybpdy haves any idea if that would be legal?

Sorry not dylant, i meant Dynat, i dont know if he and his command squad would count as 2 separate units, and also if apothecaries count as part of the unit before they are deployed

Infiltrate also passes on to any dedicated transport they have, so it's fully possible to choose:

Unit 1: Dynat with 9 man Command squad and dedicated land raider

Unit 2: 10 Cataphractii Terminators with Dedicated Spartan

Unit 3: 20 tactical marines.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Maybe Omegon said:

Thanks, so a retinur counts as part of the unit along with the hq!, But if i would want to put and aphotecary or a psyker with the unit i would have to give them infiltrate too?

Apoc cannot join a unit that contains an IC or unique unit, so they could not be attached to a unit including Dynat, or even join them after. If you wanted Dynat+Unit+Apothecary+psyker to infiltrate, you'd need to:

1) attach apoc to (non-retinue) unit

2) Have Dynat give the unit (inc apoc), himself and Psyker Infiltrate. 

As the Trans says, there's some discussion on whether the apoc can join a retinue unit, but I think the rules are clear that they cannot.