OSS - The Contentious Cadre

Well, Into The Dark happened. Those characterful Kroot sculpts, full of life and fun, and yet another idea sprung to mind...

How about a predominantly Kroot force, with remnants of Tau and human support, in the vein of a guerrilla force ?

So I imagined a human colony, long forgot by the Imperium as insignificant, happened across by a Tau force, only to be driven to desperate measures as the Imperium suddenly remembered about them, and brought destruction for the lovely xeno huggers. Who promptly scattered into the woods, but not without some resistance...

The centre lass was probably the start, a somewhat irregular kind of character that I currently refer to as "the link". Added a charging Kroot friend, and a man of the woods, someone who shunned both Imperial and Tau society, but whose knowledge of local terrain is invaluable.

NM3SJH1.jpg

Now, the ITD Kroot were most certainly "guerrilla" enough, but a few of them look more versed in human society, with patches of armour, and the poncho guy. So I started converting up some with this idea further, the Kroot who've lived/worked within society more, as mercenaries, pirates etc. Used some Hired Guns bodies, and I like the look:

lGmvGjf.jpg

And the most guerrilla of folks, a conversion of the Ghosts:

6rugPGY.jpg

"But OSS", I hear you cry, "wouldn't they need some kind of mobile home, some sort of base of operations ?"

Yes, yes they would:

fDBCZVZ.jpg

Some bunks for the left, and a kroot kitchen on the right, with lots of little details to add in. Maybe some 'bandage' camo netting on the top. Just a fun litle project (not a legal army) that's entirely killed my painting progress on the Dark Mech, but I've always been more of a builder. C+C welcome, and thanks for looking ! 

• 3 months later...

A very creative and characterful little group! Love your kitbashes, you've done a great job of blending the different kits into a cohesive whole. I love the repurposing of the Ghosts, and that Stormsurge conversion is a stroke of genius. Looking forward to seeing your future progress!