Black Suns Corsairs

CancelledApocalypse

Running alongside my aspect wraithlord project (and tbh about a million other projects I probably don't have a hope of finishing...), I'm starting a eldar corsair army in hope and anticipation that they might get a full faction army list again one day. Here's the first completed model, a corsair prince - Oron Ebonsight, the Black Spear of Cuhlainn. The conversion is shamelessly copied and (slightly) modified from (I think) Death of a Rubricist, originally. The paint scheme is similar to the original, but modified to fit with my corsair faction, the Black Suns. The Black Suns were a straight eldar faction in the rogue trader era of Epic (1st edition of Epic Space Marine) and since lots of the other eldar factions detailed in that edition went on to become pirates in later lore, and since I really like the retro colour scheme of the Black Suns (black armour, deep red helmet, yellow knee and shoulder pads), but I haven't seen anyone else use them, I thought they'd be perfect to make into my own personal corsair faction. I have several squads of the new corsairs to paint up, some of the old forgeworld resin guardian conversion kits and a few vehicles, which I'm really looking forward to giving the Black Suns look.

Let me know what you guys think!

Snazzy Entry V1 cropped for use elsewhere.jpg

Apologist's original conversion is one of my favorite, and you've definitely done it justice with your own version. I especially like how you've updated the badge of the Black Suns. Do you have any larger images of the model? It looks like there's a lot of fine detail work that you've done, but it's difficult to make it.

I look forward to seeing this Corsairs force expanded. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Brother Tyler said:

Apologist's original conversion is one of my favorite, and you've definitely done it justice with your own version. I especially like how you've updated the badge of the Black Suns. Do you have any larger images of the model? It looks like there's a lot of find detail work that you've done, but it's difficult to make it.

I look forward to seeing this Corsairs force expanded. :thumbsup:

Ah, was it Apologist? Either way, I love the original and tried to get as close to it as possible.

I do have a larger version of the image on Dakka Dakka for this month's painting competition (Snazzy). The image I uploaded here is actually a lot larger than it's come out, not sure why B+C has scaled it down. I didn't see any options for making the image size bigger...

Thanks guys, appreciate the positive comments! :)

"Death of a Rubricist" is the name of Apologist's blog, so you weren't wrong.

My guess on the image size is that it's a setting I need to look into. Actually, that's not a guess because I just confirmed it. The software settings currently shrink images down to a maximum of 1,200 pixels square, so if your original image is larger, blammo. I just changed that so that images and videos won't be resized.

Did you upload a new version? Or did you just repost the image link of the original version. The way the max image size function works is that the software copies the image and then shrinks it down to the maximum allowed dimensions, discarding the original image. Since I've changed that setting so that any size image can be uploaded without shrinking, you'll have to upload the original image again. You can do this by editing the details of the original image, uploading the full size version. If that doesn't work, just upload the full size image as a new image in your album. You can then delete the first (smaller) version if you want, but you'll then have to edit the first post to find the new image link.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, apologist said:

Just stumbled over this – what lovely work! It's a beautiful model, and I very much like the adaptations you've made; particularly on the banners. Great freehand.

Oh, hey! Thanks so much! I loved your original conversion, I hope I did it justice and the alterations I made weren't too egregious... Thanks for commenting, it means a lot :)

4 hours ago, Ripper.McGuirl said:

Uhhhmmmm yes this rules SUPER hard.

Do you have more anywhere that I can stalk?

Ah, yeah, I have the same username at DakkaDakka and I've posted most of my painting and conversion work there, usually for their monthly competition. I'm intending to post a load more here, but I haven't got round to it yet...

Thanks for the compliment! :)