Heavy Intercessors

Go to solution Solved by Karhedron,

So I've got some Heavy Intercessors to build and was looking at the codex to decide which weapons to give them. This lead to me being confused, I've seen plenty of people running 4 Executioner bolt rifles and an Executioner heavy bolter. However the rule as written on the datasheet implies you can either swap the type of rifle or take a heavy bolter of any type, not both. What's your interpretation?

16701091166244019906475000925652.jpg

• Solution

I believe the intention of it being written the way it is is so that you choose a flavour of bolter for the whole squad and after that, you can upgrade one member to the corresponding heavy variant. By being written this way, the Executioner + Executioner Heavy loadout is legal but Executioner + Helstorm Heavy bolter is not.

A Heavy Bolter is also a specific weapon, not a type.  So the selection of weapons works as written, Karhedron is correct.

It prevents you from selecting a heavy bolter in the second choice, and then having all the rest of the weapons being Hellstorm or Executor bolt rifles.

So if you have heavy bolt rifles, you can only get a heavy bolter.  If you have Executor bolt rifles, you can only get a Executor heavy bolter.  If you have Hellstorm bolt rifles, you can only get a Hellstorm heavy bolter.

Edited by Bryan Blaire