Guilliman rules rumours discussion

Captain Idaho

17 minutes ago, Prot said:

I would say it is his Obsec Aura to Core AND Characters (including himself) that makes him most appealing. I still want to see a reroll wounds to UM's though.

This is basically just the existing Rites of War WLT with an extra 3" range. Handy, for sure but nothing remarkable.

• 5 weeks later...

The ObSec is actually pretty underwhelming for me.  In the first place, I'm already doing something like that with the Chapter Ancient WL Trait and Hero of the Chapter.  I'd have preferred they use the same template for Guilliman they did for Morty and Magnus.  He gets three chapter Warlord Traits - especially the three most representative of the (sub) Faction.  Maybe Adept of the Codex, Calm Under fire, and Warden of Macragge.  The changes to his reroll bubble (what used to be the XIII Primarch ability) isn't so bad for him, but it bodes very poorly for Calgar, generic Chapter Masters and Captains.   If the Primarch doesn't still have reroll all misses, the Chapter Master is unlikely to have one squad reroll all misses plus reroll 1's,  and who knows what Captains will have as the strength of the bubble ebbs as it trickles down. 

I actually think bringing back the unlimited number of Command Points through Adept of the Codex would be a great boost for Guilliman. It made Ultramarines useful on the table and able to utilise lots of bonuses without fear, propping them up through superior Strategum usage.

I never saw it as game breaking for Ultramarines as we weren't otherwise super killy and compared to other factions now...